Sick plant, help please

symptoms: one plant has full yellow(ing) leaves to the point ive seen a white one, and one has highlighted marks around the spots. both have spots that are tiny and red/black. both had nute burnt tips whole life.
my guess: thought leaf septoria for a while but its a bit off, the splotches arent circle and the spots are different i think. ill be doing a flush next watering to check for ph lockout (soil says 7).
info: 2 GDP plants 3 1/2 weeks into flowering, noticed yellowing leaves about the start of flowering and the black spots showed up about 1-2 weeks ago
training/feeding: been giving them dutch naturals grow a+b their whole life switched to bloom ab about 2 feeds ago feeding once a week. i also put bat guano in the soil. they were supercropped at start of flower and have had lots of stress in their lives from defoliation/training.
this is my first tent grow and theyre growing so well, but im afraid im gonna kill them soon if i keep plucking off their infected leaves. any knowledge passed on would be very greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 Like

Plucking leaves won’t make problem go away, just keeps you from seeing it. Don’t think of the leaves as infected, that’s more of them showing symptoms.

Is it possible to get some clear pictures of the whole plants you’re having problems with, in natural light?

4 Likes

they look okay right now, i just defoliated the affected leaves. this is how mine looked after the last time, 3 days ago and today i picked about 25-50 off both combined so it doesnt look like it slows down the spreading but dont funguses spread by contact? if it happens to be septoria…

Ouch, that doesn’t help much.

Ya, removing and/or treating leaves is typically what you would do. However, I’m not convinced that is your issue based on pictures you posted. Hence the reason I was asking to see entire plant.

You could easily have an issue with some sort of critter. Or more likely, that could be manganese deficiency too. I don’t know really, hard to make that call with picture of one leaf with a few little black spots.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

1 Like

If you do not know, Just say = NA

Strain; Indica, Dr. Seeds grandaddy purple

Age from Sprout:76ish days (oct 3)

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: 6 gallon pots, miraclegro mix

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? every 3 days, moisture meter

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:? i water it with tap water i leave in a bucket for a day

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:300-400 EC

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: viparspectra 600w (true 260). tallest branch is 22’ away atm

Temps; Day, Night: 26-29, 20-24

Humidity; Day, Night: 30-40, 35-50

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Yes, N/A

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: humidifier outside of grow tent

Co2; Yes, No: no

The soil folks will be along to tell you not to use miracle grow soil. :disappointed: It’s too hot… With nutrients… I’m in hydro but from reading then seeing what growing you’re in.

How do you get the plants branches to do that? And how did you get them so llama

um dont know what llama means but the branches are a mix of supercropping/scrogging/topping trying to keep their height down

Hahahahahaha damn auto correct, it was supposed to say spread. Like spread out and thin. Lol

Welcome to ILGM !!! I’ve heard MG soil is hit or miss with issues but I’ll let the more knowledge people help on that. Just wanted to welcome you :sunglasses:

Miracle Grow is completely loaded with time release nutrients. This generally will cause issues. I remember someone mention a member that has good luck with Miracle Grow soil, but I can’t remember who it is.

I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil. It’s pretty hot for the first 4 to 6 weeks. Long as you know and understand this, you will be fine. But MG…hell no.

Have you ever checked the Ph of the water after it’s been in the bucket?

What are the container sizes?

Could very well be a nutrient issue but hard to tell post defoliation and also need your Ph info. Can you pick up a good Ph meter and a little loupe or scope to check for critters?