Shrooms and pot

Your thoughts on fruiting mushrooms and starting cannabis seedlings in the same environment.

2 Likes

@CoyoteCody may know about that one…

2 Likes

Thanks for spreading the word

1 Like

Mushrooms need a lot of humidity (>90% RH.) I use a martha tent with a humidifier in it to fruit shrooms. Sterility is also very important for shroom growing. It’s best to keep them in a very tightly controlled environment.

Here are a couple of great threads from the shroom growers here.

4 Likes

Not to mention Mushrooms tend to prefer the dark and pot is one of the most light hungry plants , I suppose with a nice even canopy you’d have a dark underbrush but that’s fairly late veg into flower

2 Likes

You could, but you would risk contamination much more than having their own enclosure. Also the humidity point was brought up, mushrooms like super high humidity, and while that may not cause a problem with the seedling itself, it could definitely cause some mold growth in/on the soil.

Yup, agree with above. At first, risk of contamination is high. Once mycelium has been established, that risk drops, then once the shrooms are pinning and forming, the risk is low.

Mushrooms don’t need darkness like once thought, but direct lighting (especially like we grow our Sacred Plant with is way too much. Ambient lighting up until fruiting, then I use a 4-bulb T5 with only 2 bulbs.

Humidity, yes needs to be very high (approx. 90% +/-)

I’ve been using my second grow tent but thinking of getting a more appropriate space for them.

1 Like