Show me your Maui Wowie

Potency wise? Without question. Some of my first seeds were some of the best smoke ive ever choked. Round 3 had a couple phenos that im sure would go for $400+ an OZ around here…. Boutique :poop:

Now most of what I harvest doesnt have the terps of street buds. Alot of times its finer and more… flavorful. But not as STRONG. But since adding epsoms ive had a couple that were FUNKY FUNKY.

But again potency wise? Hand over foot better. Terps more of a by strain by the grow type of deal.

Also i never get fully cured weed…. We smoke too much lol

5 Likes

Same.

I know what good curing can do and I have found some strains improve more with a cure than others. My first harvest of Maui Wowie actually is one. Dried and uncured it tasted like Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen.

Now two Months later and it’s much more pleasant and I swear gets me more stoned than it did weeks ago. It definitely improved.

Sour D on the other hand was at its best about 4 weeks after harvest but in reality wasn’t that much different from day 1 to day 28 (and you better believe I smoked it every damn day :grin: … for science!)

4 Likes

Black Domina did that for me. All grow it was like pepper. Kinda incensey. After a week or two in jars u could make out all kinda tropical fruits. Its amazing what a dry takes away and the cure puts back in spades

1 Like

Totally. Even hay smell. New growers worry their heads off about it and just a little patience will cure your worries…

Don’t get me wrong I’ve done some terrible trim jobs and wound up smoking the hay smelling bud I deserved :rofl:

1 Like

Right now the one that’s been getting me all confused is Super Silver Haze. This is my third run on the trot with it - outdoor and two indoor - and I swear it has no smell when growing.

Even dried as flower it barely has any aroma but if you make hash with it… BOOM the aroma is all there every time you open that jar of Kief. I still don’t understand.

My SSH is strange. It acts like an indica

1 Like

Sounds like a winner hash maker! Ive seen a couple strains that recommend extractions. No idea why some just come out better in concentrates but great point.

The SSH i had was PURE sativa. Its the only haze plant Ive smoked and not got noid af from. At least that I know of

Ooo I’m keeping my eye out for non weed smelling strains as I’m in apartments, I might have to try that one.

I keep hoping that blueberry goes on a buy 10 get 10 free special

Super silver is on sale right now. So is it an awesome strain? Oh wait, it got you paranoid? That’s kooky

1 Like

It is amazeballs! And there are breeders aiming for meaty, rotten, sock like terps if that tickles ur fancy. Not mine… i grew some bagseed once, the bag was a FUNKY kush. The plant from seeds? Made me hurl every single hit. Ended up giving away whole jars of it.

That sounds miserable

It was. Ive never met a bag i couldnt smoke. From old brick mexi. To that chocolatey color excuse for bud we had floating around during the drought of 2009-2010…. That crap was so poo we smoked BOB MARLEY doobies back to back to back for a buzz…

Normally I hate cherry flavoring. But ive had some fresh cherry vanilla weed that was delicious. U never know how those terps gon smoke til u blaze it.

1 Like

I agree, that Super Silver Haze is Super!

I have had a similar experience with haze - don’t care for most of the ones I’ve tried except the super silver. It’s special.

1 Like

Here’s where I’m at 7 weeks on this Maui

12 Likes

Around 6 weeks on the Mowi over here . I see @Deez is trying yours up . I have started to have to tie some over to keep them out of the lights. And as far as smell it doesn’t matter as much here as most places. I have a bit of room and that is good I love the dank smell and these sure stink

And the up close . I figure 3 weeks of bulking up should about do the trick

7 Likes

So jealous

Currently sitting on the porch - 80 degrees and 90% humidity outside - smoking Maui Wowie and drinking pina coladas. A rain shower just came through. I feel like I’m in a rainforest.

8 Likes

Hello @Deez ,
What a magic looking set of pictures. I have this to look forward to as I am at week 3 with my 3 MW’s.
@Oldstoner your girls look just so awesome mate. Amazing color and just a question on smell please, are they real funky stinky like. Sorry for silly question but I am curious.
Very nice indeed.
Have a magic day
Happy Growing

2 Likes

@flyinghigh out side it smells but I have the privacy
of a few acres of wooded land so I vent right out the window . Surprisingly the tent doesn’t really even smell that strong but it is a bigger exhaust than I need . Now when I mess around in the tent or touch the plants during adjusting things I stink to high heaven . You know the feeling like you you got over spray from can of paint on the hair of your arms and the wife don’t stop complaining about it till I use a leftover pandemic alcohol wipe to get the smell off . She doesn’t smoke and never has but I think I may be becoming nose blind to weed . Everyone else thinks t reeks in that whole room

3 Likes

Hello @Oldstoner,
Thank you for the info. I am in a good spot as well, so smell is not a worry, and only when we have visitors. I tell them its the fruits of mother nature. My wife use to smoke and now we make our own liquid brew so she can also get the benefits of cannabis for medical reasons. My wife has a receipe she has been using for a long time and it works a treat. When I was harvesting my plants during my summer, I remember it was the White Widow that had very sticky hairs and the smell was just knock out stuff. LOL. Got to love scoobie time.
Have a magic day

1 Like

I don’t really get visitors the dog’s are a bit much for most people. I have 5 currently and my smallest is 55 lbs. So it’s just family and they all know it’s just dads weed lol

@flyinghigh this is a today shot

4 Likes