Show me your Maui Wowie

Good googly moogly!! :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: id marry that bud

6 Likes

That is some very frosty Maui Wowie.

4 Likes

Thanks @merlin44 and @PurpNGold74 it means a lot coming from two very accomplished growers themselves!

3 Likes

Thanks for everyone for sharing. Always fun to see the different kinds of results coming from different growers :+1:

3 Likes

I’ll never get tired of those pics @merlin

Jebus @Covertgrower, that’s amazing!

5 Likes

@Deez hows it been bud ? These are about 3 weeks into flower and just starting the mid bloom nutrient push

Oh and yep all mw just received my 20 Banners and 3 are soaking

7 Likes

Things are not bad! 3ish weeks from the last indoor harvest until fall and I just got past the side effects of my second covid shot a few hours ago so really…not bad.

Here’s a shot of my current crop of Maui at 6 weeks of flowering. Lights on … havent got around to ordering a filter yet

8 Likes

@Oldstoner @Covertgrower @merlin44 @BobbyDigital @MidwestGuy

Do you guys have any notes on how long your Maui Wowie flowered for?

This is my second time around with it and just like last time I still think that the idea of this being an eight week strain is madness.

2 Likes

How’s the smell with no filter?

lol I meant a lens filter for my camera so I can take good pics under HPS light.

I also don’t have a carbon filter but I vent everything straight to outside. Smells amazing.

1 Like

I don’t recall on mine, but Maui wowie is sativa dominant and I would expect it to take a little longer than indicas - on the high end of 8 to 10 weeks.

Be sure to harvest on trichome maturity and not based on time.

1 Like

Lol ohhh that filter

I bet it smells awesome

Damn I love everything about weed

1 Like

Yep.

The point of the question was more just to see what everyone else’s experiences are in that respect. I’ve seen it to take about 10 weeks the last time I grew it and for a sativa leaning hybrid that’s exactly what I expected.

I’ve just always thought it’s very odd that ILGM advertises it as an eight week strain (given it’s sativa dominant) and curious if I’m the only one seeing it take 10 weeks or if that’s more the usual.

I have never paid attention to breeders estimated harvest times. It just depends on too many other factors like lighting, nutrient levels, and so on. I wouldn’t get hung up on the estimate. I’ve had plants take anywhere between 8 and 12 weeks.

2 Likes

I love it too. My current indoor grow is Shaping up to be one of my best ever. There’s a certain satisfaction to looking at your crop and being like damn that looks really good.

To be honest I am within three weeks of harvest and getting ready to see those buds swell more and I’m looking at where things are thinking jeezum crow is this really gonna get fatter!!?!

3 Likes

How many grows you got under your belt out of curiosity

About 15 years of outdoor every summer. Grew indoor for a few years back about 10 years ago (probably 6-7 crops) and stopped when I moved. Just started back up with indoor this past fall after I bought a house with enough room to support it. Currently on my second grow with all this new gear I bought back in the fall to outfit my new room

3 Likes

So it’s not your first rodeo

1 Like

Same story here. I grew outdoors back in the 70s and I started growing indoors again a few years ago.

1 Like

Back in the 70s I was watching the carol burnette show and cartoons with my mom just before nap time and I’m 51. You guys had a head start on me.

Leisure suit was pajamas as far as I knew but I did loves me some BeeGees

2 Likes