Should nitrogen be stopped late flowering?

Im using advanced nutrients and just started week 7 of flowering. I use ph perfect micro/grow/bloom and overdrive (voodoo/b52/big bud have been using per feeding chart). Micro/grow/bloom all have nitrogen in them but after some reading today, several threads ive seen have talked about stopping nitrogen all together in late stage flowering. However AN feeding chart has me using the same strength nutes since before the flowering switch.

I was trying to research why my leaves wont stop canoeing. My temp is 82, humidity 51%. Ive had the burnt tips for a long time now bc the tips always burn a little after a res change, but it normally corrected a day or 2 later. The only thing i can think of is that this issue with the leaves that has been present for a week now is nutrient burn.

I don’t. I feed my plants the same mix from veg through flower. It’s a 50/50 mix of Happy Frog All-Purpose and Fruit and Bloom dry amendments at half strength. I don’t push the nutrients on my plants.

3 Likes

I continue nitrogen all they way through. There is a little nutrient burn present.

3 Likes

I am the same. N to the end. Use Jack’s 321 now and previously advanced nutrients Iguana

2 Likes

Trust this guy to watch my plants while I was on vacation, if he was a homey IRL.

4 Likes

Ok thanks guys. Im hoping they are ready in 2 more weeks, so im just gonna let them ride.

1 Like

To clarify, with Jack’s some say 1 week plain water (Jack’s Nutrition Schedule) others say two weeks (KootMed) With AN I would do 1 week with Flawless Finish

1 Like

Is that in addition to a week 1 regular ph water flush or instead of?

I think im also confused about timing…are you saying to do that now, or during final week? Im kinda hoping next weekend (wk8) i can start my final flush, but theres still a lot of fresh pistils on there so prob not right?

Correct. This is growers preference. Jacks is a low enough dose that there’s no need to flush. I’ve tried plain water and feeding, didn’t see a difference.
Towards the end before harvest, I usually give just water, because by that time they’re not feeding much, this is another indicator of knowing when to harvest.
At the point when you see very little feeding, all of the pistils will have gone through the swelling, and pistils will have receded.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Don’t count the weeks, just watch the plant for signs when she’s ready. Breeders timeframes are only estimated flowering times. You could get a longer flowering version, or a short one.

2 Likes

Ok thanks man. I figure since this is my first time judging trichomes at the start of week 8 im going to post a pic and do my best job guessing and what i think they are and see how off i am haha

We did this starting out too, but after a few grows, you’ll know exactly what to look for, and when.

3 Likes

Most would probably say this girl is done. If you would have seen how I started to now, you would be shocked.

Nice and frosty. I am shooting for more amber. I usually pull by now.

1 Like

Shes looking great man. Wow.

1 Like

I can’t wait to weigh her wet and dry. My first plants was not good. I was going to stop and my sister reminded me I can do it. Now I knock it out of the park. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Hek yea…thats what family is for…

Send some pics of the final pull…i gotta see this haha

So far im really proud of my main colas…the widths are between 3"-4"…just blows my mind. I just hope when i get them harvested and dried they still look and smell good lol