Should lower, smaller bud sites be Pruned?

Hey Everyone.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Just a couple questions
I’m currently in week 4 of Flower.
Should these lower bud sites be pruned?
Or let them grow to maximize?
Or, would the stress of pruning at this stage
disrupt her hormones?
Are those what are considered “Popcorn Buds”? Or just generally small bud sites?

image|375x500

1 Like

3 Likes

You will get a variety of answers, and really is dealers choice. I would prune them so the energy is focused on the upper bud sites.

I love the duct tape :smile: nice and healthy plants, nice work!!

1 Like

Hahahah thanks @Zee!
Yeah can thank my 100lbs Sheppard for that.
Put his big dumb paws on the table, and just grabbed a branch with his big dumb mouth.
Got luck though, no clean snap. Just about 30-40% separation from the stalk.
You don’t think pruning those would “shock” her at all? I have read a lot about not pruning this late, but like you said…it’s all subjective.
Thanks again!

2 Likes

It is very subjective! Wait for others to reply. Am on my first grow and following Hellraisers method, he pulls a pound from 4 plants and he trims throughout his grow.

2 Likes

Oh hell yeah, Hellraiser has helped me a TON!
Will do, thanks bud haha

1 Like

Hey @Zee…went ahead and trimmed a few.
Not many as you can see. I know they are immature but hey, no problem with “trying” to dry these little guys :joy:

2 Likes

What I would do. You growing outdoors?

2 Likes

Yessir outdoors.
I do bring her indoors for lights out.
I’ve got a blacked out closet for her Dark.
You’re outdoors too right?
How many you have growing?
I’m germinating 9 other sprouts atm.
:partying_face:

1 Like

Wish the government would smarten up like the states that legalized it, or I would.

You got so many going! You seen olyboy grow? Dude has an amazing outdoor grow, I follow him. He darks out in a room too.

I got 3 indoors atm, about to switch to flower in a week. Are you sprouting from seeds? Am going to try cloning :smile:

2 Likes

Pfffft, Texas May never come along. Gov. Abbot is 100% against. But hopefully someone can talk some sense into him. My plants are all personal, medicinal.
I never planned on starting or growing that many, but a friend threw me some Gorilla Glue seeds…so I figured wth.
Got all my Fox Farm products coming (soil, more feed). Hopefully 9 will sprout, and hopefully 9 females hahahahah. Doubt it though.
And yeah I’ll check out @OlyBoy98503

2 Likes

I never planned on growing so many either. Lol. But every time I read something new I get another good idea. I went from 1 to 4 to 7 and it’ll be 9 at the end of the weekend, when I get two more put in the straw bale!

Here’s a real good break I had a couple of weeks ago. I snapped the branch almost in half. It’s perfectly fine now.

And dry those baby buds in a dark room for a few days and let us know how the sneak-peek goes.

2 Likes

Grew up in West Texas, spent most of adult hood in Dallas area. Abott has his moments.

Mine is medical too, got back into 4 years ago, when I moved to a legal state. Moved to east coast, and I would say they are way behind Texas in even thinking about it.

1 Like

Holy hell…now that is a knuckle!
YeH, I’ve got 8 hanging from strings in my dark room…hell of smell too!
Your grow is thick!

Where in west TX? I was stationed at Dyess (Abilene) all 8 yrs Of my AF Career. Hated it hahah. We are now in north Ft. Worth.

Here’s a couple frosty’s from my Colas. Getting fatter by the day.

3 Likes

Your pictures look great! Those buds sure are pretty! What is your average temperature and outside humidity at this point?

And thank you for your service. The few times I had to go to TX, the weather always made me glad to leave. Lol!

@SweetsOnDeck Your weather might be similar to this grow. I’m tagging along to see his outdoor grow develop.

2 Likes

Hey @OlyBoy98503
Thanks bro…appreciate it. The first, purple pic just has a contrast filter on it, but I liked it haha.
Yeah, so the temps are reaching 93-95 during the day. Which sucks, because I’m getting my first bad yellowing. I trimmed the yellows off, but man seeing more turning. I literally just gave her, her first ever feeding of any kind. It was the Fox Farm trio. I just fed 2 days ago…so hoping that cures her up. And, possible under-watering. This is my first ever female to make it into flower. So yeah daily stress. Sry for the long post haha

1 Like

@Zee. Nice…small world.
Yeah we steer clear of Dallas. Ft. Worth has all we need. I work in the airline industry (IT).
Lucky our business is still going ok thanks to the dam virus. But major plus: I think this is week 12 working from home. So yeah…I decided to start growing again.

1 Like

@Zee @OlyBoy98503…Im pretty new here.
Is there away to”follow” other members?
I’ve been looking, but not seeing anything?

1 Like