Should I worry about the leaf droop?

Noticed the tips dropping, transplanted 4 daze ago.
Clipped two large lower leaves that were half yellow, the color seems good now.
Middle of 3rd week since germination

1 Like

Clawing and leaf tips pointing down is usually a nitrogen overload. What’s your medium, input PH and nutrients?

5 Likes

50/50 FF Ocean & worm casting, Bergman #2 7.5ph.

This is them the day after transplanting…

2 Likes

Your pH should be between 6.2-.8. Not much needs to be added with FFOF, it is loaded and good to go with plain, ph’ed water for 4-6 weeks.

2 Likes

Good call

1 Like

Appreciate that confirmation :love_you_gesture:

That FFOF plus the added nitrogen in the worm castings is the culprit. 5-6 weeks with PH water only @Borderryan22 gotcha on the PH range :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Well, I’m using un-molested Lake ERIE water,(right out the back door)… 8.2ph. Soil ph is 7-7.5.
What are my options?
Semper-fi

1 Like

Right on Warrior Brother, do you have PH down? I rarely have to PH my nutrient mix. But always my tap when’s it’s water feed only. Semper Fi :love_you_gesture:

I’m using the lake water as-is, I filter it through a particulate screen and the soil PH is averaging about 7.4.

Gotta get that ph to 6.5. Please.

1 Like

And the best way is?

1 Like

Ph down. Vitamin c. Lemon juice. You MUST get that ph down to 6.2-8. MUST. That high ph will killem or stunt them so bad might as well kill.

1 Like

What are you using to check ph. I would get some distilled water and use that for awhile and see if it improves.

2 Likes

I start mine in FFOF and use distilled water until they are transplanted outside in the ground. I use dolomite lime and crushed oyster shells and stuff to help buffer my soil. Ive done slurry tests on FFOF with 7.0ph water but I cant remember what it came out as. It was lower than I expected. Im sure someone here knows.

This….and I’m beginning to doubt it. Hardly changes no matter the medium.

1 Like

Those meters are garbage when trying to get an accurate ph they do work well for moisture though
Apera and blue lab PH meters are popular around here
I have had this one for over a year it does PH and TDS and EC
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083BMJ18L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I started to question the accuracy so I just purchased the Apera kit
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ENFOIQE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I checked the accuracy against each other they are within .2 of each other so if money is tight get the first one
If you get the Apera you would also need a cheap TDS meter
Good luck

1 Like

Done…first one it is. Thanks
Semper-fi

2 Likes

You’re welcome @GomBoo
I forgot to mention all the meters need to be calibrated and checked now and then I calibrate mine before starting a grow and check calibrate again once I switch to flower

1 Like