Should I “top”?

Hey all! This girl gets taller and taller. Seems to be good. Should I prune or top at all? Is there any benefit or drawback to it? She is 9 weeks and a couple days old…now about 6in above the top of a big tomato cage (white widow).

Thanks!

3 Likes

My suggestion would be to super crop her about a 3rd of the way from the top after you water so she will be nice and soft… super crop = massaging the stem/stalk by squeezing it gently then bend it over with a slight twist… very easy to do and plenty of video’s on YouTube to watch… just my opinion but it will make your main limb tops grow bigger buds by stopping the growth in height and putting more energy towards your lower limbs…

3 Likes

Yeah - it’s probably too late to really get the full benefit of topping at this point, but supercropping could help even up the top of the canopy and encouraging those lower budsites to grow more aggressively.
I’d do it down to the level of the first ring below the top then you can support the broken top on the ring. I’d tie it into placve to prevent it from moving much and if you have some honey you can slather that on the bend site. The sugars are a superfood for plant healing. I think some people use aloe too.

Best of luck to you!

Oh - do it at the end of the day as opposed to the hot, middle of the day. You can give alittle cool water straight to the rootball too to assist in healing also.
Take the side shoots above the bend and start working them out to the sides so they can start growing upward and strong. She’ll bounce back in like a day or two.
It’s amazing the abuse they can withstand!

2 Likes

How are you for height clearance in youre area? that girls gonna explode in flower and only get taller man might have to reign that girl in with some training.

Looks like an outdoor grow, I would let her go naturally and definitely doesn’t need pruning or defoliation :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Looks like an upstairs back balcony which typically have roof overhangs which is y i mentioned height , but cheers best of luck

@Skeebone333 hey @NUG61 can you post a pic of your outdoor baby in her pot? This is a great spot to share her. :+1:t2::sunglasses::green_heart:

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem with my widow, with about another month to flower. Might have to take her out of the greenhouse.

CHOPPS

3 Likes

@Chopps you could also super crop her. Just a noob making suggestions :joy:

1 Like

She’s big

2 Likes

Bend them to your will. Make them fit where you want them. I’ll be posting pics of the stalks on mine after harvest before long. I’m betting they’ll look like spiders…

1 Like

This is Coco, she is LSD…she was topped at 10 mains.

8 Likes

Is that thing real hahaha - wow!!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure she is. She drinks an awful lot of water…lol :sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

@Skeebone333 read the forum and you’ll see and receive amazing stuff :+1:t2:.

1 Like

Cool stuff! So - I think since I waited pretty long I’ll just let it go - it is on a deck, no overhang - should I add something for support? Right now it’s just the cage. I was thinking like a 6 foot stake or something….thanks!

1 Like