Should i stick with it or start over?

I planted my seeds 2wks ago and jus bought a 60 watt grow light thats on a 20hr timer and 4 hrs of darkness.

Dont see any growth, the 2 plants i have in small pots 4 little leaves and the stem grew to about 4 inches. They are falling over leaning the fabric pot for support and the other one i have in the mini kit is a long stem with a seed that looks likes its trying to open but ths stem is thin and cant stand so its leaning on a qtip and cotton pad. You think theres progress with them or should I start over with new stands? I feel the issue is lighting, ive been keeping it in direct sunlight but support from apotforpot.com told me to get a grow light and been doing for 3 days now under a lamp. Also been watering when looks dry. I keep the humidity at 50% and temp at 70.

3 Likes

Check this article out and see if it helps

2 Likes

Welcome ! My first move would be to transplant the seedlings that is stretched and back fill up within about an inch from the foliage. Also You would need to lower the light To prevent stretching. Good luck

3 Likes

Normally Id be with you friend. But aren’t those pot for pots expensive. Probably be a lot cheaper to start new seeds. Dirt mountain plus support stick?

Plus pop that helmet off!

4 Likes

Don’t sweat it. My seedlings always go like that. A deeper pot and buried right up to the foliage like the guys have said. You’ve done the hardest part already be a shame to start again. Bring your light down a bit as well

2 Likes

Yeh with tax and shipping it was like 50$. Cheaper to buy everything on your own. Ok thanks didn’t know I can take off the lamp shade. And what’s dirt mountain and you know where I can get support sticks? But might jus replant it like other people said

2 Likes

Oh yeah if you can replant. I would definitely do that. I was thinking staying in your current pots was the top priority. Normally a little dirt hill can be used to support a stretched seedling. But yours is very stretched. A hill would not do the job. A support could be anything. Pencil, stick, any thing sturdy and long / skinny that you could stick in the dirt and fasten the plant to to keep it erect.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. What kind of grow light do you recommend

1 Like

For seedlings you can get by with just about anything. Are we talking about full cycle growing? Seed to harvest.

1 Like

Yes. I’ve been using sun but didnt seem like it was enough

What space are you trying to light. Do you have a tent, room, defined space in some fashion?

I just use my room, my neighbor has a tent and his plant looks great. Thought of it but dont want to take up the room

1 Like

Okay so then your going to have to guess how much space these plants will eventually occupy. Alternatively you can decide arbitrarily on a space and train them into it. Or you could get a cheap tent. But if you against that it’s a and b I suppose. Any given light will supply a certain amount of light to the space around / underneath it. How big a space you plan on occupying dictates the appropriate lighting.

In general, I would recommend a light with samsung 301b/h diodes in 3000-4000k range and cree (or there’s a couple other high end) reds.

1 Like

We firmly believe that you don’t need a tent to grow. Just adequate light and good water!

The problem we often see with tents, is that they trap heat and humidity. And a plant that is too hot/too humid will not be happy. Fans and exhausts are essential tent growing equipment. Another thing to consider with tents, is the height. Many people get tents that are small for the convenience factor but then their plants outgrow the tent and then it’s just a waste. Consider the canopy of your plants when making a tent decision, anything under 6 feet tall is probably not going to be a good choice.

But with autoflowers, it is easy to incorporate them in your home just as you are doing! :evergreen_tree: :green_heart:

2 Likes

That’s a good point didn’t think about with that tent.

I tried transplanting the plant into another pot but the soil didn’t hold together and came apart. I put the roots in and covered it with soil but I think the stem got damaged.

Thanks for the info, I saw your post and your plants look great.

1 Like

I am using one of these for a dedicated veg light right now. It is adjustable and works great for starting things off. Since it is adjustable. You don’t have to mess with raising or lowering it. I run mine at 22" and about 45w Just another option to toss in the hat :grin:

1 Like