Should I start veg now?

The plant pictured is a Strawberry Cough that sprouted on 12/26/18. As you can see, it’s coming along pretty well. For reference, the pot is 18 inches wide. My concern is that if I wait much longer, the plant will get too tall to have safely under lights, given the ceiling height. If you reference the photo, it looks like the top of the painting in the photo is about as tall as I can allow it to grow. I topped the plant already… It is growing at least an inch per day, probably more… So, start veg now or??? Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Oops! I meant, should I start flowering now:)

Do you mean flower? It has been vegging since shortly after it sprouted.

That’s your call. Look for it to double in size when it starts its stretch after the light change. How much headroom do you have for it to grow?

Edit: sorry, I missed the part where you said how much room you have. Flip now. You’re going to have a helluva bush on your hands.

2 Likes

For indoor, that is a good height for you to start flowering since she will double in size as @BobbyDigital had already stated. You can veg her more if you want a bigger yield and have the space.

1 Like

If your lights are the photo height I’d start to flower now. Your prob goin to have to tie down some of the tops to keep out of the lights.

1 Like

Can you do some LST or is it to late for that? I’m just starting out so can’t help you but would like to learn from you and others that know!!

Thanks! I’ll start her on flower now. This is my first grow and I am blown away at how well she’s doing just over a month in. For those curious, she’s in a pot that hold probably 7 gallons or more of organic soil with a bit of manure. I am feeding her with a powdered form of compost tea called Organic Plant Magic. Lights are 2 Viparspectra 300w equivalent LEDs.

I will give updates on her progress!

Thanks again!

Thanks! I’m also in the Midwest:). Happy growing!

1 Like

I have the same light. Was shocked to see that your plant is only 6weeks from sprout!

That makes 2 of us! I have 2 of those lights on it and it’s my only plant. I really think that the compost tea powder and organic soil/manure are making a big difference…

1 Like

There seems to be a few of us.

1 Like

I rather enjoy the Midwest, considering the weather changes. Lol
Plant is looking great, and yes flip now. :wink:

2 Likes

That plant looks beautiful! So green and lush. Nice work with that on the first grow. Hopefully mine can look like that in a month or two! I read reviews about Viparspectra and apparently those are some of the best bang for your buck. I ended up purchasing one a few weeks ago as well hah.

1 Like

I did the same research on the light and bought 2 of 'em! I think I’m going to end up with a Christmas tree:)

1 Like

That is a great start @McSuperMcG. good looking plant, i agree with others, am new myself, but looks like you are at halfway point to what you have left for space.

2 Likes

Congrats on your plant so far and I hope you enjoy the flowering.

2 Likes

Thanks! She’s on her first 12 hours of darkness right now. If I don’t screw anything up, I think I’ll be extremely happy come April!