Should I start to flush?

Growing a blueberry autoflower, indoor, under a 400 watt light. Should I begin to flush and prep for harvest? I attached pictures with the light on and off.
Curious to see what you all think…
Thank you!

3 Likes

do you have a loup so you can check the trichomes? you need to see the % of clear, cloudy and if there are any amber.

looks great!

1 Like

Just water with plain ph water for a bit. Then when those hairs start curling in flush

1 Like

I would just water with normal water and let senescence kick in. Wait to chop after you see her go through the fade. You can flush some salts out of your soil but the nutrients in your plant are their to stay, you just want senescence to kick in so the plant will begin eating those stored nutrients. Otherwise its gonna taste like burnt sugar whenever you smoke it.

2 Likes

What have you been feeding it? Plenty of successful growers feed their plants up to the week of harvest and harvest green plants without any I’ll effects. But if you’re medium is loaded up with nutrients than you’ll be better off trying to strip them before you harvest for sure.

1 Like

I don’t, but will order one. Thank you

I’ve been using advanced nutrients Big Bud and Overdrive.

I’m not very familiar with advanced nutrients, but I feel like those are suppose to be in addition to base nutrients. From there big bud would be something used from early to mid flower. Then the overdrive would replace it for last couple weeks of feeding.

Were you monitoring ppm levels in and out?

1 Like

yes those should be used in conjunction with base nutrients (and dbrn is correct, you stop the big bud after week 4 and then use the overdrive last two weeks). if your’e using the whole AN lineup and i’ts ph perfect, hopefully you’ve been measuring PH if you’re not using the bases. it’s the base nutrients that control / buffer ph.

2 Likes

@dbrn32
@Agrestic

I am only measuring PH, not ppm - what exactly is that?
And those were the only nutrients I was using, which base nutrients do you suggest?

whoa for the whole grow? if that’s the case… kind of amazing.

if you want to stick with AN they offer a few different base nutrients. an organic line and then two options for those who don’t want to deal with Ph, depending if growing in coco or other (Ph Perfect). this has just about everything the plants need and the rest are supplements that they sucker you into buying.

Check out AN’s nutrient calculator. you’ll see everything they offer within each line. you just need to know enough to pick your base first- the left column has all of the baes nutrients listed. then you pick your grower level - you can just pick the highest and that will open up drop downs to show you every single thing they offer for that particular base along with a feeding schedule by week.

Sensi and Sensi Coco are the “ph perfect” nutes.
Iguana is for organic.
ignore the others.

AND you definitely want to flush this stuff out.

2 Likes

Basically a way to measure how concentrated your nute solution and/or growing medium is.

I’d say you did pretty good as well. There’s a ton of different base nutrients you could use, they all do pretty much the same thing. There are maybe different reasons that would make some better for you than others. If you’re happy with AN, they have a few. Or you could research some that are less costly too.

2 Likes

Your plant looks good! Check your trichomes. What do you see? If you answered 30 % Amber I personally would start flush, but there still seems to be a lot of White Pistils or is that the lighting?

2 Likes

I would say it will be ready to chop in 3-4 weeks she still has some Fattening up to do looks great though you take it now but will be a lot better in three or four weeks

2 Likes

This plant is beautiful! Great work growmie. Cant wait for the final results.

1 Like

although he may have stumbled on a cheap way to grow with AN. and here i’ve been buying and mixing everything every day like a chump.

2 Likes

It’s hard for me to see because I’m blind as a bat, but they still look clear to me.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

I would give her a few weeks then, and let it get some Amber, I try to harvest at different times so I can get some wake up meds when it is mostly cloudy and then let her get 50% Amber for the bed meds At 57 I cant see all that well myself so I use this…https://www.amazon.com/Jiusion-Microscope-Magnification-Endoscope-Compatible/dp/B079BQSPDZ/ref=sr_1_10?crid=WELD242WATVM&keywords=wifi+microscope&qid=1568160123&s=gateway&sprefix=wifi+microscope%2Caps%2C1745&sr=8-10

2 Likes