Should I start to flush or wait a little longer

I suck at Reading trics should I wait a little longer to flush?? Opinions

5 Likes

Wait a few weeks. I see way too many clear trichomes and no real cloudy trichs. And I don’t flush at all. But I think those plants still have a ways to go.

3 Likes

I dont flush either but Id be having a closer look in another week and then take it from there.

4 Likes

So ya don’t have to flush em them?..newbie here a long ways from that point lol but still curious

1 Like

The point of flushing is to help get rid of the salt build up in the soil and in the roots.

I usually don’t flush but my next crop I will since I will be able to use the whole nutrient line from Fox Farms.

1 Like

Nice…im only a few weeks into my first grow and will soon start using jacks 321 nutes for feeding…i planned on flushing towards the end but mostly just cuz that’s what i’ve read to do.

1 Like

And

I stopped flushing after last batch. Won’t be making that time consuming and ridiculously sloppy mistake again. Focus on a slow cure and screw the flush.

4 Likes

For sure. Slow the dry down and be patient with the cure and reap the tastiness and IMO a bit more oomph. Lol.

1 Like

I’m just gonna post this here. I flush but I dont put a big emphasis on it. My focus now is some hrs up until 48 or darkness to get things down into the roots vs the flowers before harvest and even then I’m not that picky if they at least get 12 hrs.

3 Likes

@Fergus @OlyBoy98503 ok cheers for the help guys :+1:t2:
Is there a reason to why you guys don’t flush ? Won’t your smoke be harsh or do you just cure for longer?

1 Like

I have flushed and not flushed, and I honestly could not tell the difference after drying and curing. Additionally, I could not find any documented studies that showed a difference in the terpene profile. As a matter fact, all of the studies that I was able to find showed that there was no difference. So I just haven’t done it.

2 Likes

Exactly @OlyBoy98503
If I thought it made a positive difference Id be all over it. I dont use alot of nutes either and water only in between, so theoretically wouldnt be much build up. I also have never measured run off etc and never had an issue but its early days yet (only 4 grows deep) and I wont get cocky as we should only count whats in our jars. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Check out the study I posted. I found this to be true.

1 Like

Great stuff, thanks for the posting it. Sorry for getting off topic. :alien:

1 Like

@TheAlchemist wow cheers for that man thats quite an interesting article did not expect that outcome at all

2 Likes

Yep. I’ve been looking at it all a bit differently. I’ve had some flushed buds that were trash which confused me. Now I def do some darkness and dry hang n trimming. Yes my wet trimmed buds always look better but lately dry hang and trim is giving much smoother smoke and that’s what really matters.

3 Likes

Exactly. Great point!

1 Like

After just over 10 weeks finally ready and cut down looking very nice :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Great finish :clap:

Cheers mate was a very nice tasting smooth smoke :+1:t2:

1 Like