Should i start nutes with next watering?

Should I start nutes with next watering? 22 days from sprout and im pretty sure PPM of run off was around 825 and i have it in FFHF and FFOF. Been just watering with 6.4 ph water. Close to start veg? I thought i saw once the 5 leaves start but dont know how much truth is in that. TIA.

1 Like

What nutrients? Some are gentler than others, so depending on what you’ve got on hand it may be time or perhaps it’s still a week or two away.

Sorry, forgot to say. FF nutrients. I pretty much have them all to start out with.

Start feeding CalMag soon but the actual nutes I would hold off for another week or two.

I’m gonna ask @Newt to share his FF seed schedule with you. He’s the go-to guru for fox farms nutrients, probably the only one I trust to give good advice about how to get good results from them.

2 Likes

Okay thank you. I was thinking the same, wasnt sure. Didnt wanna burn it yet.

1 Like

Here is the newest schedule you can go ahead and use the big bloom with cal mag. Would start at about 3ml for first dose and watch plants see how they react.

2 Likes

If i have others could i add is it fine? I figured the Kangaroots might help too? 1/2 dose.

If ur using fox farm ocean forest you wont need nutrients for about three to six weeks

1 Like

Yeah just start at week 1 on feed chart at about 1/3 to a 1/2 the dose

1 Like

Since I use FF soils, I don’t feed anything until they have been in the dirt for 3 full weeks. After that, I follow the complete schedule (top to bottom) exactly as printed. Hasn’t let me down yet.

5 Likes

Do you start with week 3 dosage also or start with week 1? Im 3 weeks 2 days in, could probably use water today or tomorrow so i wasnt sure if i should do one more time ph water or start using nutrients, figured it was getting close to veg. :blush: TIA.

1 Like

Also do you personally do feed, water, water, feed or feed, water, feed, water?

1 Like

On the schedule, I would be starting with week 4 nutes. The soiled provided the nutes for the other weeks, and is beginning to be depleted. As for schedule, I feed, water, repeat. Making sure to do the Sledgehammer flushes on schedule. And with my watering schedule, that means they get roughly two full strength feedings every week. Let me know if you have any other questions. I’m happy to help!

2 Likes

Really appreciate all the help, ill be sure to reach out. That clears a lot for me. Thanks Growmie!

1 Like

@Newt has you covered. Plant looks healthy good work so far.

2 Likes

Do you know how long a batch of nutrients is good for once theyre all mixed up? I think last time i used about 1/4 gallon watering my 5 gal pot before run off. So a gallon might last 3 or 4 feedings. Im sure once shes bigger she’ll drink more.

Thanks man, i appreciate it. I wish i could do more but not too much to do right now it seems, just trying not to under/over water.

1 Like

You got this, dont get hung up on it. Neither is a singular event. Its repeated watering when soil isnt dry or not watering when it is dry that will getbyou in trouble. Listen to your lady she will tell you either way.

1 Like

A couple of days. So don’t mix too far in advance. I tried, and after a couple of days, something happened to it. It may have been OK, but the smell was horrendous, and I didn’t trust it.

1 Like