Should I start flushing plants with ph'ed water and keep doing it till the harvest?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I have a quick question!
If I notice progressed nutrient lockout when my girls are in their week 6 of flowering should I start flushing them with ph’ed water and keep doing it till the harvest?

6 weeks seems to be little too early in my opinion, it all depends of the strain. He should check the trichomes with a magnifier to see if the buds are ready to harvest and then make the decision

Go ahead and flush with pH’d water. It may be a little early for some strains, but if you’ve got lockout the plants aren’t going to take in nutrients anyway. What strain, and how do the trichomes look?

1 Like

I began flushing at two weeks prior to harvest.

I use ph’d water with a clearing solution added.

Examples of such are ; SLF100, Floraclean by General Hydroponics and Clearex.

A clearing solution bindes to the salts remaining in the medium and plant and allows for a more complete removal of those salts resulting in a cleaner flower.

A well flushed plant will give you a much better smelling product and will burn very well with a grey ash remaining.

Be well.:+1:

2 Likes

Missing information.
What type of growing: media, DWC, soil
What strain? Autos? How long growing?

If a photoperiod and got nute lockup…flush with a cleanser.

6 weeks is to early to start flushing yes you can rinse medium but I would not go straight flush flower takes a min of 7 to 10 weeks on most strains and some as long as 12 weeks I usely wait till week 9 to do a full on flush. Week 6 and 7 are inportant these weeks are where you get most of you weight in so those 2 weeks u want to keep everything in ck even if it is challenging it’s is when your plants are at its most active in uptake of water and nuits so keep them as happy as you can

1 Like

If theres a lock out then flushing can be beneficial to remove excess nutrients that have built up in soil and adressing the issue would be best
A picture would help us help you tho
And a little more info couldn’t hurt

Join us on the forum
And if you can fill this out with as much info as possible
Most strains take a little longer then estimated times given when purchasing fyi

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

If you can, upload a picture of your plant. It helps the diagnosis, if needed.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Before flush cleansers were around…we used to flush with a very light dose of nutes in ph’d water.
The light nutes help “melt” the extra nutes. Flushing once or twice will help keep the Ladies happy. Think of it like taking a shower…refreshing.

Looks like you are getting good results.