Should I run my carbon filter 24/7

So I have an iPower 190 CFM inline fan carbon filter combo in my 4x2x5 grow tent where im growing three autos all of which are still UNDER vegetative stage. My question is how often and how long should I run my filter? I don’t have much trouble regulating the heat but humidity can be low with the filter on. I also have a clip fan in the tent to help circulate the air. I have my tent in my garage and I am wondering that my plants might not get enough fresh air in the tent without the filter running.

Yeah, you want to keep air moving through the tent, so if you keep the tent closed you’ll want to run the air system continuously.

Sorry I should’ve mentioned this in my original post but I keep both passive intake vents open near the bottom and I can open a door right next to them to let in air outside, but other than those the tent stays closed most of the day, also my garage door is often up, would you still suggest running my air system continuously?

I run mine continuously as well. Plants need air flow to grow happily. the passive vents are not enough, in my humble opinion :v:

1 Like

You want to run the inline fan 24/7 but if you want to extend the life of the carbon filter it isn’t necessary to be hooked up during veg stage only when the start to give off the aroma during flower if you need to mask that smell. Mine are unhooked during grow until I need to filter the smell.

3 Likes