Should I repot my plants?

Question from a fellow grower:

Hi, my Gold Leaf and Blue Dream plants are now 10 weeks old in veg stage. They are in 5 gallon fabric pots… They are 6ft tall with colas. Should I transplant them in bigger pots? before putting them into flowering stage? I have to now water them every 3 days. .Your prompt help would be very appreciated! Also, getting the odd dead leaf now at the bottom…

Im confused, u said they r 6 feet tall with COLAS?? But u say ur not in flower yet? :thinking:
Pics would be best

2 Likes

Okay buddy I highly recommend joining The forum so that we can help you out with future grows. Do not say a plant has colas unless it is already in flower, we call them tops. Colas consists of actual bud.

With that being said, if you start flowering now you should be fine without transplanting. I know big plants can be fun but I would personally start flowering it now.

Also if you have been vegging her for 10 weeks and she is 6 ft tall then I am taking it that you did not top her or do any type of trimming or pruning right? if you’re looking to get more Bud out of your grow I recommend joining The forum and learning how to train your plants to give you more Bud without having to grow them over 6 ft tall.

oh and dead leaves at the bottom of a 6-foot plant should be normal considering they’re probably not getting a whole lot of light. Once half to leave seems dead just pinch it off or cut it off.

1 Like

Hi and thank you for your help. Correction, potential sites for Cola’s. I used high stress training and low stress techniques. Yet the girls are acting as girls (lols) I guess you have to keep training them, as I’m new to growing, Obviously.

1 Like

You can transplant if you want I would be very careful. I would probably take a razor knife and sacrifice the cloth bag cut bag remove and set down in a bigger pot . That way you would not damaged roots Good luck. also WELCOME

3 Likes

Thank you ! I appreciate your feed back and look forward to working with you all.

3 Likes

Welcome to ILGM @Robfras3 :v:

1 Like

Welcome to the best place you can be. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

6’ is pretty tall for 5gal containers.

You could probably flip to flower and continue in them if you want. They’re self pruning. You’ll have to feed/water more frequently though.

If you want bigger plants, then cut the bags off and transplant. I’d at least go with 10 gal.

Join the forum cause these experienced growers have really taught me alot and if you have problems send pics and they will help you. Welcome

2 Likes

Thank you !

Hi I repot my plants to 5 gallon fabric pots 3 months ago, but now I’m at the Bud stage and could use some of your help. I have pictures and need to how much longer to harvest. Their 7 weeks into flowering.

1 Like

Post your photos so folks can take a look. If you load a single photo per post, zooming is possible.
Using just your description and taking a guess on the timing (based on your posts), it is likely that you are two or three weeks out possibly more.

I will check in after I tend my plants tomorrow morning.

1 Like