Should I pull the trigger?

I’m thinking about replacing my current mars hydro ts1000 and HLG 100 with this light. Do you think it’ll be sufficient lighting for 3 autos.

2 Likes

I looked into getting one of the 1600s for supplemental lighting when I realized the light that came with the kit I bought from VS didn’t have nearly enough power. They look really solid on paper, but I’ll never again trust a ppf chart from vivosun. In my experience they’re so exaggerated it should be illegal. I went with a bigger HLG and haven’t regretted it once.

Edit: I emailed them about adding the 1600 for more power during flowering and never got a reply. They’d answered every email within a day until that one. Take whatever you want from that, I just thought it was odd. After that I started looking at the MarsHydro SP 3000. Not much more $ and probably a better light. Now though, I take HLG over anything.

Id take the MH sp3000 over vivosuns model.

A lil info on the light.

Or
Id go with ACinfinity
And get two of em

Lil info on light

Either way dont order off amazon, its easy to find discount codes on youtube for lights and ordering them from the manufacturer website.

2 Likes

Was just about to suggest the same. The sp3000 is a killer light for a 2x4 tent.

You can research the forums on recommendations for lights. @dbrn32 is kinda to go to guy for lighting questions. Also check out Quantum Board Grow Room to see what we use.

2 Likes

Have a friend that runs the SP3000 in his 2 x 4 it is a really good light for that space

Decided to go with the ac infinity. I think this and my HLG 100 should be enough for 3 plants

Why don’t you call hlg and get you a refurb 200 dioblo for $125

Hlg for the win. I bought a 350r for my 2x4 tent. It’s a beast. I can’t complain.

1 Like

Growlightscience 300 or pro320
this is the par map for the 320 bar light

pretty sweet for a 2x4

I might go with Green Beams

OK, so I canceled that order and ended up going with spider farm. A appreciate all the input. I’ll have 30 days to return it, so at least I’m not married to it.

which one?

I have looked at GB too. I have not been sold on them because of their poor PPFD maps. Very high in the center and nothing at the edges

1 Like

Wonder why that is?
Seems like the boards are set up like most others.

I think it is the nature of QBs. The PPFD map for HLG 260’s are not all that impressive either and are very space oriented. I have several but they only need to cover 2x2 space. If wider or longer I would have looked at other options.

1 Like

The SF2000

1 Like