Should I prune my outdoor plants

Yes @Renwoman @grizZz let’s see some pics…before and after defoliation. I know what you mean about over your head, some of mine are well over 7’.
The rain and gloomy weather has been a bust for sure. Need the skies to open for some sun!

Trimming up the lower section.

!Q20210717_084531|666x500

4 Likes

High,
The toads are good. You might even get a few tree frogs. They are way cool. I have many in my grow. My granddaughters, and grandsons love to go frog hunting in Jiddys Jungle”.
Happy growin
Ger

6 Likes

Great sign of a happy ecosystem :frog:

1 Like

I am trying to tread carefully…ILGM Super Lemon Haze. First time with it, 25gallon Radicle bag, a mix of BAS and Recipe 420,compost a cover crop.
I maybe not prune so much as cleaning up the bottom larf.

I would recommend getting used with advanced maintenance TLC of outdoor plants. I haven’t mastered it yet,but I do encourage.
Happy Growing!
SL out

2 Likes

Absolutely love the kids hanging in the garden. My great niece helps “Uncle” trim his shrubs. She loves spending time with us helping with the plants.

1 Like

LOL @Hammy i was over at some friends’ house over the weekend and their lil girls had me in TEARS laughing. They had them out there helping in the garden too and we were in the “Stink Patch” (their name for it, haha). The 3 of us adults were admiring his beauties and the 3 1/2 year old proceeds to tell the 6 year old older sister how the plants look BEAUUUUUuuutifulllll, but they REALLY stink!!! and then she turns just as serious as could be and says “mom, why DO they stink so bad? it smells like a SKUNK!!” and the 6yr old’s like “no, it smells like PEE!” and they start this back and forth “no, it smells like…” and i’m DYING up in the middle of this patch of herbs watching the lil one grab a handful of pruned leaves and start chasing the 6yr old trying to “get her” with them and THEN, she starts CRYING because she has the smell on her lil hands and can’t get it off after running inside to scrub them. No one even saw her run off. 3 seconds, she was GONE and we were like WHERE’s Rachel, Trinity??? and she tells us she went in to wash her hands and that’s about the time she comes out BAWLLLLLING about the smell not washing off her hands :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: when mama walked over to comfort her and help clean her hands my buddy was like “see??? that drama $#!+ starts with women YOUNG!!!” and i was like NOPE, my name’s Bennet and i’m NOT in it!!! don’t you incriminate ME with those jokes :smiley: Anyway, kids are HILARIOUS, and with good parenting, absolutely fun to be around :wink: :heart:

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:That is a fantastic story. Our 4 yr old great niece likes to tell her dad (my nephew) how Uncle’s house smells funny! She asked me if we were growing Christmas trees and my wife said yes. Now she wants one for their house for Christmas! How great would that be!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Funny stories no doubt! Thanks for sharing :seedling::+1:

I’m seeing pree flower on almost all the girls here in MA at end of July…but spider mites are starting to worry me…prune to keep them healthy, the wet mornings can lead to mold…I now put fans outside in the morning to dry them off and after rain…or high humidity.

So i’m telling that story up there ^^ to my new neighbor friends i floated with yesterday. And the husband, Danny, tells me how his niece was visiting and was near enough to what they had growing outside that she smelled it and asked what that was?? And his wife Marie said (lying, lol) they were exotic tomato plants. And she said, “it smells like Uncle Danny” (LOL!!! :smiley: )

1 Like