Should I pot on before I enter flowering

Hi there guys.

So I have 2 mango kush, 1 gorilla glue and an unknown and wanted to put them into flower in the next week or 2.

When watering last night I noticed the roots beginning to grow out the bottom of my 20l fabric pots.

Should I pot on or will this be fine till I complete my grow?

1 Like

Personally if it was me, and the plants are healthy, i would leave them on the same pots unless you have a few weeks to get them through transplant shock. It may actually benefit your bud to have root restriction? The plants will dry out quickly and therefore be able to feed them more efficiently. Also your last flush will be easier with less rootball. Unless you intend to veg them longer, just carry on in the same pot.

1 Like

I just want that small motherlode kush in the middle to catch up to all the others… Do you think this is risky or I should be fine to wait another 2 weeks. She was root bound and repotted into the fabric about 3 days ago. However I overfed her as well feeding the same nuts as the other plants…

But Im just worried my pot isn’t going to be big enough and the other plants start stressing in flower…
Should I play it safe and switch em. Now or will a week or 2 potentially harm them?

Well for one thing if that plant was just transplanted, it would have been wise to just water with phd water only or an extremely light feeding around the dripline. It has been stressed by the transplant and has not yet had an opportunity to set root in its new home. It will not be ready to flower for a few weeks anyway. You need to flush out the overfeed by the looks of it? Shes pretty burnt looking. At the very least skip fertilizer for a few feedings and just ph.

1 Like

Those fabric pots breath pretty well, I would not be overly concerned about root binding in them. It really matters when you want to grow huge plants, but if you just want to flower them right away dont worry about it. Feed them properly and often. My point is you should always expext a couple weeks of recovery for a transplant or topping. Dont start flowering a stressed out plant or you risk a crappy yeild or potentially hermies!

1 Like

Thanks bro. Just some input from your side…
If this was your grow how long would you still keep them in veg for? I am going to scrog the ladies

You can leave them in there looks big enough. If you’re scrogging, you’d better get the screen on them and start tucking. They’re ready.

1 Like

Yep what @Covertgrower said, but the transplant has yet to repair itself. If you dont plan on flushing the transplant, just obstain from feeding it for a while, just ph your water for it, at least until it shows signs of recovery.

2 Likes

Will do so because she is stressing hard :cry: flushing her atm with 6.5 pH will see in a few days what happens

1 Like

Yep flush her real good, then a few days later transplant her into the finished pot, unless that is the final pot? In either case it needs to dry out. Then resume with phd water for a couple cycles before you try and feed them.

1 Like