Should i ph the water

Wondering if i should be ph’ing water for seedling or is purified water ok

No matter what kind of water is used it still needs to be properly PH’ed. @Evile
6.2-6.5
Hydro is 5.8
Welcome to the forum!

5 Likes

Thank you @Covertgrower i will get on that now

3 Likes

In all honesty I never used to pH seedling or clone water until I got on this website. And I never seemed to have a really great start to most of my plants for a few years. … I listened to the members on the Forum and i ph all water all the time now! and holy cow does it show a night and day difference between the health of the plant and getting off on the right foot. Great question. Remember to ask any questions you have and it will save you a ton of heartache later in the grow. I wish my dad and I found this website years and years ago. Enjoy your grow and good luck

1 Like

NEVER start a grow…WITHOUT a PH n PPM Meter set…$20 online amazon.

No meters is like driving 70 mph at night with a fog and no headlights.

2 Likes

If you use distilled or R/O water it doesn’t matter at all. Once any solids are added you must PH to range.

Pure water has nothing in it to change it’s PH and will move readily to whatever PH the water is introduced into.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for all the info i have a ph meter and also the drops to double check the ph range my water here sux too xhlorinated so ill be buying purified and distilled water from store

1 Like

Always pH. When in doubt, pH.

2 Likes

If your water is chlorinated just leave it out to breath for a day or two. The chlorine will off gas. If it’s chloramine that won’t work.
Buying distilled h20 can get expensive. You’d be better off making your own with an RO Buddy.

1 Like

Thank you all very much for the great info and was also wondering when to apply nutes im running hydro

2 Likes

Just using rockwool abd hydroton

1 Like