Should I mist my sprout?

Hi, I am a first time grower and I’ve got a Hindu Kush plant going. It’s about two weeks old. I am growing inside a box using deep water culture. The leaves look dry. Should I mist it with some water? If so should I do it with the lights on or when they are off? Should I use plain distilled water? Thank You.

1 Like

Distilled or RO water is best. If you mist, I would do so shortly before light out. Misting with the lights on can cause damage. The water beads on the leaves will act as magnifying glasses and burn spots on your leaves.

1 Like

Thank You.

@Crimson well the plants are young like this and don’t have any roots yet those funky little leaves on the bottom pull the humidity out of the air and use it to drink to help promote root growth that’s how they get water while their seedlings. Missing them is the best way to get them to grow roots to be able to take more water as the new true sets of leaves are being born. Hope that helps! Happy growing dude.

Misting them. Sp my bad!..

Thank You.

:+1: outta likes so thumbs up! Lol

I’m new to this but maybe put a clear glass/plastic cup over? I get the inside of the cup wet and put it over. Some with more experience than me will chime in.