Should I leave my inline fan on 24/7 during flowering?

I have 4 autos that are all beginning to flower. I turned the in-line fan off overnight and the humidity increased to the 80s by the morning, it’s usually around 50. Do all of you typically run the online fan 24/7 during flowering? I barely used it to this point so I’m just curious

Also, is the purpose of the carbon filter just to reduce the smell or are there additional reasons to have it connected to my fan?

1 Like

Most Indoor growers run exhaust fan 24 /7

2 Likes

24 7 here to keep humidity as low as possible. I believe the filters are just for smell, but I don’t use one.

2 Likes

Thanks, it seemed that should be the case

1 Like

4 Likes

I also like to keep circulating fan running 24/7 helps cuts down on the chance of mold. Plants look great , healthy.

1 Like

Thanks! There is and oscillating fan just out of view that stay on 24/7 along with the small fan in the picture. Looks like I’ll be leaving the inline fan on 24/7 now as well!

1 Like

Do you have Exhaust fan at the top of the tent ?

1 Like

I run my exhust fan 24/7 from “dome removal” to chop. Same with occolators.

1 Like

Yes. That’s the in-line fan I was referring to and the fan I was asking about in my original post. The other two fans have been on nonstop since the start of the grow. During the early stages I realized that it was impossible for me to maintain the desired higher humidity during the early growth stages so I barely used the exhaust/in-line fan up until recently when flowering began

1 Like

Yes, 24/7 Veg and flower periods, Otherwise, water will appear.

1 Like

Sounds good , keep us posted nice plants. :v::+1:

1 Like

I thought the “RULE” was, “Complete tent volume air exchange recommended at a minimum of 1X the cubic volume of the tent”. My 4x4x6.5 has 104 cubic feet of volume available inside my tent. Complete minimum air exchange per minute is speed setting #2 on my T6. Realisticly, setting #1 would be acceptible, but i have another T6 feeding the veg tent exhaust at setting #1, into the flower tent. IMy goal being to keep the tent(s0 in a negative condition (reduce smell) and ensure good air exchange.

1 Like