Should I kick this autopot section off?

I agree with you fire that system up. When the leaves reach the outer edges of the pot usually they are ready to go. I think yours are more then ready. They are going to take off!

5 Likes

I turn mine on about a week after transplanting from solo cup. I top water enough to get them established. Once they start to show some fast growth I turn on the system. Been working fine that way for me especially when growing autos I like to get as much done in the beginning so I don’t stress the plants too much. BTW those look like happy plants.

4 Likes

Got the system fired up today. I started with 3 gallons of RO with jacks and 15ml of calmag. Within 45 minutes most of the water was gone so I made up a 2nd 3 gallon batch… My biggest fear was leaks but so far so good, everything is nice and dry.
I also chopped and hung my final 3 autos

11 Likes

Nice! The trays hold a lot and the pots soak up a ton so I’m sure you are good. That will be a full tent soon enough.

3 Likes

Lol, not sure why I didn’t expect that…

3 Likes

Hey @Pinboy

Your tent will look like this is no time.

6 Likes

I sure hope so! Nice lookin ladies you have there!

3 Likes

Thanks. They flipped on 11/13.

3 Likes

That’s gonna be a packed house

4 Likes

Yup. 6 plants too many for me in the 5x5

Going to try 5 next and see how it goes.

4 Likes

I want to thank everyone in this thread for the info., which was exactly what I needed as I am planning to do my first autopot/coco grow. It was especially helpful, because I prefer the solo cup method and plan on kicking off the grow the same way :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Best of luck Rock, this place is an amazing resource. If you start a journal tag me in

4 Likes

Sitting around bored so it’s update time…
The jellies are now about 25 days from breaking ground and the autopots have been on for 5-6 days. Everything is going great with the exception of finding a few thrips earlier in the week.
I’ve streamlined my water prep area and it’s all in the house now so no running back and forth from the garage. I make up 3 gallons of ro/jacks mix at a time and it seems to last about 3-4 days.
Tomorrow or Monday I’m going to top them at the 5th node. Also I raised the light from 28 to 35 inches trying to get them to stretch a bit

8 Likes

They look really good. Seem to have grown a good amount since turning the pots on. Nice work!

3 Likes

Thanks, they seem to love it. Definitely the healthiest and fastest growing plants for me yet.
Love the profile pic, truly some awesome color!

5 Likes

Looking good @Pinboy. They will go through 3-4 gallons of water a day when you flip them!

3 Likes

God I hope not! Lol, I still have to lug it upstairs with 4 herniated discs!!!

2 Likes

Sorry @Pinboy but my 6 plants go through 5 gallons a day.

4 Likes

Hard to like that!

2 Likes

:joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck :+1:

4 Likes