Should I kick this autopot section off?

Sorry about the long delay, it’s walleye season here….just because I don’t have enough going on…

5 Likes

@Dhooter

1 Like

All set to watch. After clones this is next for me in my schooling of the Gonga. Thanks bud

1 Like

Feasting before winter sets in? That is the case where I am. Less active but hungry when I could find them. River or lake? I quit fishing 5-6 years ago.

4 Likes

order placed. It’s about to go down!

10 Likes

Yeah pretty much. We fish a big glacier lake that’s nearby. Best chance for trophy’s over 10lbs is now until ice up. I wish I could quit but the young guys I take won’t let me!

6 Likes

Another small update… pics to follow… all 4 jellies are transplanted and doing very well. The remaining 3 autos that were in the same tent have now been removed and chopped.
Time to tidy up the tent, set up the autopot system and get growing!!!

7 Likes

Can anyone hazard a guess as to how long before I can start up the system? When transplanted from the solo cups the bottom of the roots were about 5” from the bottom of the 5gl bags

7 Likes

I skip the solo cup and plant germinated seed in spring pot. I top wanter for 14 days but open my reservoir at about day 12.

You want the roots established before turning it on.

2 Likes

I like the solo cup method, I think it gives them a head start and they really love the transplant… I think I must be getting close. If I can get the boy to help I’ll set everything up this weekend and maybe turn it on during the week… they have to be really close!

5 Likes

I think a good 7-10 days after transplant and you should be good to go!

4 Likes

I can’t wait! I’m so done with making and hauling water upstairs every dang day!!!

6 Likes

Another reason I skip the solo cup. I can turn on reservoir sooner :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s interesting, the way I’m thinking about it is the reverse…I just have the notion in my head that it would take longer for a seedling to develop a good deep root structure in a big pot as opposed to the solo cup method with transplant. Lol, there’s always something to think about!

5 Likes

Hmmmm. Everything I read said not to turn it on for 10 days after planting in the pots.

Interesting thoughts …

2 Likes

Yep, another way to judge is that if the leaves reach the outside of the pots the roots should be down close to the bottom. I just don’t have enough practical experience but I guess it all works!

4 Likes

Looking forward to following along your grow!

1 Like

Thanks! Happy to have ya!

3 Likes

So here we go!!!
I had a great afternoon with the boy helping me out. We have everything cleaned up decent and all the new autopot stuff is fully installed. I’m pretty happy with the setup and tonite will be the last top watering, tomorrow I will mix 5-6 gl and turn the system on.

12 Likes

Yep looks healthy in there

2 Likes