Should I kick this autopot section off?

I have not had that happen (yet) nut was aware of it from Nick’s threads

2 Likes

Roots are valve hungry… carful not to lose them little rubber bits. Don’t want a mini flood

1 Like

Yep, now I know to keep a close watch!

1 Like

Haha yea they are. Had one get stuck in between the rubber piece and plastic. My tray was dripping from where the water line goes to the valve.

1 Like

Murphy when you can do with him

I lost some had to get some more thankfully their cheep

Without

1 Like

I’ve had the roots get through the sock. What I do is turn the pot inside the tray when I see the roots coming through to help prevent his. I check my trays every couple of days when checking PH.

2 Likes

I did that on my last grow as well, until deeper in flower when I had to start using yo-yos, but by that point exponential root growth “shouldn’t” really be an issue anyway.

2 Likes

I harvest 4 plants and didn’t have any roots through the potsocks. They all looked like this

Critical purple

This was a gift from someone. Labeled peyote cookies but not sure. Online pics don’t look like this

6 Likes

Yea they are cheap but waiting for one stinks lol.

1 Like

I am ignorant to auto pots. So is the ring where it sits up in a pot correct? Does this cause the pots to ware out prematurely in that spot?

2 Likes

The pot sits in a plastic tray, there arnt any moving parts so it’s not a ware issue. I think the issue is where the stitching is on the pot sock gives some roots just enough space to grow thru

3 Likes

I’m having a hard time getting all the roots out of the pots. I might order an extra set so I can rotate them.

2 Likes

Ask @Not2SureYet where he buys replacements. Dirt cheap. I’m going to start using them once and tossing them

2 Likes

247 garden sells replacements for the auto pots. you want the 5 gallon talls. 10" diameter. I use regular 3 gallon soft pots most of the time. I know they will grow at least a 10oz plant easy :grin:

2 Likes

Good looking out bro! Should have known my dude already had the info. Thanks @Not2SureYet. I didn’t even think to try my other pots bc I don’t think the pot sock will fit.

2 Likes

I don’t use the socks or disk with mine. I used the ones that came with the autopots. But found pretty fast they are not needed. :grin: Just an added expense

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see what they produce such a nice grow so far

2 Likes

I’m probably going to flip to flower this week, which is when I start adding silica. Can I just add it to the rez? Will it mix well?

2 Likes