Should I kick this autopot section off?

Hey all, I’ve been hangin around here for about a year. Growing, learning, failing and learning some more. Also trying to help out some of the newbies a bit…lol poor bastards…

Anyways after tons of reading and the desire to be a better grower I’ve decided to leave soil and goto autopots and coco. I’m not sure if this new autopot section is the place to start a journal but if not let me know…

11 Likes

So here we go. I’m leaving happyfrog for coco and autos for photos.
I’ve chosen jelly rancher as the strain from humbolt seed co.
Germination process was soak 7 seeds in spring water with a touch of peroxide. Less than 24hrs all had cracked. Then I moved to paper towel, less than 24hrs all had tails. Then to precharged canna coco and perlite mix into solo cups. Precharged with 50% jacks321 which will be the main nute in this grow. Once again, less than 24hrs all had broke soil.

1st pic is 1 week ago when they broke surface, 2nd is todayUploading: 07CAAFD1-F25B-4104-8881-5E0D46DDA888.jpeg…
Processing: 5D850DD1-50AC-40B7-9958-46F914BE4D0A.jpeg…
Processing: 9F42AFF1-52BC-4BCF-A240-DEFB6CC42AC1.jpeg…
Processing: 7874D99A-4F73-461F-A365-C02B478FD8E8.jpeg…

12 Likes

Hey @Pinboy

I went with autopots and am just starting my harvest now.

I really like them. Switching to jacks 321 for ease on next grow

Harvesting this weekend

Will be flipping to flower this weekend

You will love them. Good luck!

11 Likes

The autopot xl 4 spring pot system will be in my 4x4 gorilla tent sporting the hlg600rspec, ac infinity inline fan and a few hurricane clip on fans.
I have 1-2 weeks before my current crop is out of the way so the 7 jellies are in a separate room with the vpd and temps being watched and adjusted as needed. I’m looking for high 70’s with a rh of around 60.
So I fully intend on tagging everyone I’ve come across with interest in autopots, starting with @nicky who’s knowledge set the wheels in motion

11 Likes

Lookin great! Hang around and teach me some sh*t!!!

6 Likes

I’ll keep checking here. If you move tag me!

Put a shutoff valve on each line. That’s the first thing I did in my veg tent. Didn’t think I’d want/need them in the flower tent but I do!

And I also bought my autopots after talking to @Nicky

Hey @Nicky you should be getting a cut if each sale!

6 Likes

Im here to learn myself. Still havent tried coco nor autopots. So its all french imo. :rofl:

8 Likes

Anytime I can help will glad to try. Just tag me.

4 Likes

I bought the wrong valves… I have the 3/8 line that comes with the newer Ap’s but the valves I bought pull out to easy lol, insert joke… I guess I should just get the rainbird ones but I was hoping for full flow instead of the restriction that a barb fitting will give. This is what I bought

2 Likes

I found it.

2 Likes

So di I.

3 Likes

You crossed me up w the new pic. Big fans in my house. Still go see several different cover bands frequently.

3 Likes

Saw my first show in 77. Been on the bus ever since.

6 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @Newt @emgoldslo @KPC glad to have ya around, I’ll be tagging more folks and please feel free to tag anyone you think might be interested.
I’ll try to photo-document everything as I go and post weekly updates. I’m about a week from transplant and probably close to 2 weeks from turning the system on

8 Likes

following. i’m hoping to switch to auto pots soon. this watering inside a tent everyday stuff is for the birds.

8 Likes

I also will be ordering auto pots here and switching to coco as well. Following along!

6 Likes

I am a relative newcomer to autopots as well as coco and Jack’s.
I put a tray underneath the autopot. If the valve is not set properly, it can / will overflow. The tray gives me a margin of safety.

I have to disconnect the autopot from the supply line. I use a quick connect valve to achieve this. This valve has a shutoff mechanism so it does not leak or drain the line.

Just a few things to customize an autopot to your needs.
I have three in a 32x72" closet. Here are two of them

12 Likes

I love those tables!
It looks to me like you have the older style ap’s with the notch instead of the hole in the trays and 1/4” instead of the 3/8 soft rubber hose that came with mine?

4 Likes

@beardless let’s see the corners on the base where pvc meets the base

3 Likes

I’m also joining the autopot with coco club after this current grow is finished. Someone just tell me what autopot supplies to buy because I feel like I’ll miss a crucial part.

7 Likes