Should I kick this autopot section off?

Hey all, I’ve been hangin around here for about a year. Growing, learning, failing and learning some more. Also trying to help out some of the newbies a bit…lol poor bastards…

Anyways after tons of reading and the desire to be a better grower I’ve decided to leave soil and goto autopots and coco. I’m not sure if this new autopot section is the place to start a journal but if not let me know…

8 Likes

So here we go. I’m leaving happyfrog for coco and autos for photos.
I’ve chosen jelly rancher as the strain from humbolt seed co.
Germination process was soak 7 seeds in spring water with a touch of peroxide. Less than 24hrs all had cracked. Then I moved to paper towel, less than 24hrs all had tails. Then to precharged canna coco and perlite mix into solo cups. Precharged with 50% jacks321 which will be the main nute in this grow. Once again, less than 24hrs all had broke soil.

1st pic is 1 week ago when they broke surface, 2nd is todayUploading: 07CAAFD1-F25B-4104-8881-5E0D46DDA888.jpeg…
Processing: 5D850DD1-50AC-40B7-9958-46F914BE4D0A.jpeg…
Processing: 9F42AFF1-52BC-4BCF-A240-DEFB6CC42AC1.jpeg…
Processing: 7874D99A-4F73-461F-A365-C02B478FD8E8.jpeg…

8 Likes

Hey @Pinboy

I went with autopots and am just starting my harvest now.

I really like them. Switching to jacks 321 for ease on next grow

Harvesting this weekend

Will be flipping to flower this weekend

You will love them. Good luck!

7 Likes

The autopot xl 4 spring pot system will be in my 4x4 gorilla tent sporting the hlg600rspec, ac infinity inline fan and a few hurricane clip on fans.
I have 1-2 weeks before my current crop is out of the way so the 7 jellies are in a separate room with the vpd and temps being watched and adjusted as needed. I’m looking for high 70’s with a rh of around 60.
So I fully intend on tagging everyone I’ve come across with interest in autopots, starting with @nicky who’s knowledge set the wheels in motion

6 Likes

Lookin great! Hang around and teach me some sh*t!!!

4 Likes

I’ll keep checking here. If you move tag me!

Put a shutoff valve on each line. That’s the first thing I did in my veg tent. Didn’t think I’d want/need them in the flower tent but I do!

And I also bought my autopots after talking to @Nicky

Hey @Nicky you should be getting a cut if each sale!

4 Likes

Im here to learn myself. Still havent tried coco nor autopots. So its all french imo. :rofl:

5 Likes

Anytime I can help will glad to try. Just tag me.

3 Likes

I bought the wrong valves… I have the 3/8 line that comes with the newer Ap’s but the valves I bought pull out to easy lol, insert joke… I guess I should just get the rainbird ones but I was hoping for full flow instead of the restriction that a barb fitting will give. This is what I bought

1 Like

I found it.

1 Like

So di I.

2 Likes

You crossed me up w the new pic. Big fans in my house. Still go see several different cover bands frequently.

2 Likes

Saw my first show in 77. Been on the bus ever since.

5 Likes

@PurpNGold74 @Newt @emgoldslo @KPC glad to have ya around, I’ll be tagging more folks and please feel free to tag anyone you think might be interested.
I’ll try to photo-document everything as I go and post weekly updates. I’m about a week from transplant and probably close to 2 weeks from turning the system on

5 Likes

following. i’m hoping to switch to auto pots soon. this watering inside a tent everyday stuff is for the birds.

5 Likes

I also will be ordering auto pots here and switching to coco as well. Following along!

3 Likes

I am a relative newcomer to autopots as well as coco and Jack’s.
I put a tray underneath the autopot. If the valve is not set properly, it can / will overflow. The tray gives me a margin of safety.

I have to disconnect the autopot from the supply line. I use a quick connect valve to achieve this. This valve has a shutoff mechanism so it does not leak or drain the line.

Just a few things to customize an autopot to your needs.
I have three in a 32x72" closet. Here are two of them

9 Likes

I love those tables!
It looks to me like you have the older style ap’s with the notch instead of the hole in the trays and 1/4” instead of the 3/8 soft rubber hose that came with mine?

2 Likes

@beardless let’s see the corners on the base where pvc meets the base

1 Like

I’m also joining the autopot with coco club after this current grow is finished. Someone just tell me what autopot supplies to buy because I feel like I’ll miss a crucial part.

3 Likes