Should I keep these guys or would I be wasting my time

These guys have been growing kinda funny from the start , now they’re developing yellow spots. One is a week and 4 days old the other a week exactly (since popping out), is this a simple deficiency fix or mutation?

Also they’re both OG Kush Autoflower, why do they look so different from each other?
FFOF
250w

Thanks in advance

5 Likes

I’m sure someone will be along to help shortly, sadly I haven’t grown yet, so I can’t really help, other than to say that the two plants don’t really appear to different, the younger young looks very similar to the first set of large leaves on the older one, but it appears to just be starting to grow the traditional mj leaves.

4 Likes

How is your humidity? Have you tried a humidity dome… An empty water bottle with bottom cut off… Seedlings… Until the roots grow out need higher humidity by the leaves. What temp is the area, what RH humidity is the area?

What kind of light? How much light? How long is light on?

2 Likes

Definitely give them a go, I have had one mutant that is now growing great.

4 Likes

FFOF can be a little strong for seedlings. Do you have a pH and TDS or EC pens? Are you using tap water? If so, do you know the pH?
A lot of people who use FFOF put a few handfuls of a little bit weaker soil in the area of the pot where they’re planting. Something like Light Warrior seed starter mix, or even FFHF is good. I prefer starting in solo cups with a weaker mix, and then transplanting to a final pot.

The plant in the top pic doesn’t look too bad, definitely worth keeping. The bottom pic, it depends how the new growth shoots appear. Give her a few days. Sometimes they stay deformed and you have to chuck them, but sometimes the new growth comes in normal and they do fine.

4 Likes

I would definitely give them a go. But like :point_up:They said you need to know your ph and ppm and the humidity is very important to seedlings.
Happy Growing :blush::v:

3 Likes

let them buck if they grow they grow but i am not an expert

1 Like

I wouldnt throw them out most seedlings that come out that way normally grow out of it ,if u have the room to run four plants u can always do another two just in case those ones goes belly up

3 Likes

Although I green they are the absolute weirdest looking little seedlings I’ve ever seen.
That’s alot of growth fir a week imo so idk what’s going on…
But please let them grow andvpost regular pictures so we can see what they grow into :grin:

I had a mutant auto flower last grow, and it gave me over 15oz of :fire: so… yeah let grow,let it grow, let it grow…

3 Likes

Humidity domes for the first 3 1/2 days
75 degrees
Humidity meter ordered (so I have no idea yet)
It’s some $100 full spectrum eBay light. I had it set at 12in initially then 22in

You’ll most likely need a different light… To control your environment… Try humidity and temperature controllers for your heater and humidifier, inkbird … Helps immensely. Good luck.

1 Like

I would letem grow till THEY give up. Love and patience and diligence right now. Had much worse even out and do great. Just my 2 cents. Learning curve stops the second you toss it…:grin:

1 Like

You know it brother. Always something poking its head up here. Move slow 1 aside under her own light if she stays slow and get others going…grin.

1 Like

Maybe just in the early stages

My PH was around 7.2 I’m hoping that has something to do with it. I’ll keep them and post a pic every other day or so. I’ll add one more to this thread then I’ll let it RIP and post to another. The original post pics were yesterday, this is them right now

2 Likes

I thought I responded, Using tap PHd down a bit from 7.2-7.4 range to about 6.6 to 6.4. I’m hoping that will spark a change. I said I’d let this thread die but have since changed my mind. Since joining this forum I’ve seen a few people also say ffof is a little rough at first. I’ll have to order a bit of ffhf. I have 18 seeds left. Maybe another light too.
Dude I talk too much I know

1 Like

Definitely spend some time going through the forum, especially some current and recent journals. You’ll see other people’s grows from start to finish, and what soils and nutrients everyone uses.
The one looks like she’ll pull through and be fine.

1 Like

I gave up and killed this one but reading this thread, I wish I wouldn’t have. I called it The Corkscrew. I even waited 3 more nodes past this photo and I never got a normal set of leaves

2 Likes

That’s a wild looking girl for sure.

2 Likes

It was a twin

1 Like