Should I increase the watts?

Snap_002 Snap_004
I have been keeping it at 75% during the entire grow … Yesterday was the 8 week day … I flushed them (3) three days ago and want a bit of amber in them … So im guessing another 3-4 days … Tri’s are milky with a few clear … no amber yet ( Checked them a few minutes ago ) … With it being the last days of grow , will it help to increase the light to 100 % … ( 1000w … or just keep them at 750w ??? ) @dbrn32

1 Like

more light produces more goodies…IF…it’s not too strong or hot.

first pic shows shows you a have a healthy young lady well on her way to being smiling pleasure in a few months. might turn up wattage in several steps and see how the lady responds.

1 Like

As I was told you want 50 watts per square feet. This is the watts you actually use and not what it says.

Example I have a 16 square foot grow tent. I have a 600 watt light but it runs about 275 watts per hour.

275 watts divide by 16 sq feet = 17.18 watts

I ordered a second one so I will have 34.38 watts per hour. I need a 3rd one but it will be to hot in the grow tent and I’m not going to down size my tent. It will start getting colder in December so I could add a 3rd light. Both is the same light.

1 Like

How big is your grow space? I suspect it’s a little late to increase power if you’re on week 8 of flowering and already flushing.

3 Likes

I agree: there are more profitable ways to get a bump in THC like stem splitting and 24 to 48 hours of darkness right before the chop is one of the best things you can do. Dropping the RH really low works as well.

3 Likes

I’m not looking to make a profit on my girls … Im a newbie ( 2nd grow ) and I havent grasped the Lumens per sq. in. yet … I dont have a meter nor do I forsee 1 in the current status … ///// Will it make a difference to go from , 750w … to 1000w or 1200w ///// ??? Or just keep them where they are ??? … Yep

I’d keep them where they are. You could risk foxtailing by turning them up.

3 Likes

@bluethumb I went with another 600w light. Same as the one I have been since I started growing last May.

Read my previous post. The grow light I use tells you specifically how much actual watts I have. I’ll be doubling my overall output on 2 lights. I need a 3rd to be above the 50w per sq feet. But it will get to hot in the room so I have to stick with 2. I can’t afford with everything we use with power to just watch the power bill to go over $75 extra a month.

1 Like

This is an old standard. It’s about photon efficiency since leds were introduced. With good leds you’re looking around 30w a sq/ft.

2 Likes

Using the light @ 75% setting , I am at 93.75w per sq. ft.

You can go too far the other way you know. Are you running CO2? Because over a certain point the plant can’t use it.

2 Likes

No Co2 … I was just curious … The girls are already hanging and awaiting mason jars … Yep