Should I harvest now


#1

I live in Maine. I have 6-10 foot outdoor chocolope plants at end of week 6, showing pistils 10-80% golden. Buds with lots of resin. I will be away for weeks 7 & 8. Have harvested 1/2 the crop because we are now getting temps down to 32 degrees. Is it too risky waiting until week 9, & should I harvest remainder before I leave?


#2

I know what you mean, its very cold at night here too…
This is what I do. I am harvesting the bigger and well developed buds now…every day some plant, leaving lower buds to go longer…
The flowering time for plants is very unpredictable if growing outoors…
For example some of my Blue Dream is about ready to be chopped , but if I go by the official flowering time , I should be waiting another 3 weeks…

I am not waiting with the premium buds…

They go home very soon…

Happy harvest :wink::wink::wink::wink:


#3

I’m with @Ragnar in that maybe a partial harvest is best for your situation take the primo buds and let the small stuff keep going this way should you loose some it won’t be a total loose
I’m outdoors as well
I my self read the plant and take them when done I don’t worry so much about the listed times when buying seeds the plants will be done when done is my thinking
But if there’s a risk in loosing it I’d tathee take it a little early myself
Good luck with your harvest