Should I Harvest Now or Wait?

Hey everyone! I have a Durban Poison growing outside currently (not covered) in the North East region of the US and I’m looking for opinions on whether I should harvest now or wait a little longer. I’m not going to post many pictures because I know I’m about 1 week to 2 weeks away from harvest based off trichomes. We’re expecting rain in the next few days on and off for several days. I’m worried about this because I’ve found small pop corn buds towards the bottom of the plant with bud rot. I’ve removed them all very carefully but I’m nervous about the upcoming moisture. Temps during the day are around 65 and at night it’s been in the 40’s. Humidity has been low. I can put a canopy over the plants and I’m wondering if this will hold me out until harvest. Should I keep waiting or should I harvest now? Opinions welcome! Here’s a pic I took 5 days

c
ago

2 Likes

I’m a bit further ne from you and already harvested one with the other a day by day thing.
They could have used a few more weeks but had to take them early.
Bud rot has been severe this year.
Better to have some a bit early than none at full term. Jmho. :wink::pray:
Good luck.

:v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

I’m leaning towards harvesting before the rain. Thanks for the input!

1 Like

You’re getting close. Almost all hairs are brown I’d begin looking at the trichomes a little closer. I shoot for mostly cloudy with a few Ambers. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the outreach! That’s usually what I like to see in the trichomes as well. No amber yet though so that’s why I’m guessing about a week and half out.

1 Like

Id check daily. and be prepared to throw into darkness if you’re going to do that. They can turn quick.

1 Like