Should I harvest early?

Smooth sailing through veg is not uncommon. Flowering is another matter. The demands of the plant are much greater because of the initial stretch followed by the energy needed to produce flowers.
I am not familiar with aquaforest soil. Google took me to aquarium substrate??? Common ph adjusters are from general hydroponics - ph up and down. There are many others but you can’t go wrong with GH. Not knowing where you are located it may depend on other factors

Fox farm ocean forest soil, not aquasoil! Sorry my bad.

1 Like

Correction, I have tiger bloom not big bloom if it makes much of a difference?

You should be feeding at this stage big bloom and tiger bloom and maybe even sum cal mag.

1 Like

That soil has been known to cause PH problems. Some other FF nutes are also PH-tricky.

If want to look into different mediums and nutes, lots of growers here use Jack’s nutes. And most mediums are better than FFOF soil; some experienced growers use it successfully, but they have it dialed in.

Your other plant seems to be more tolerant, that can happen. Each plant is a bit different, even the same strain from the same seed bag/batch.

I agree about cutting off the dead leaves, they can contribute to mold and/or pest problems.

Congrats on your first grow! Looks like you’ll be getting some nice weed!

Yes, pH Up/Down by General Hydroponics is a popular choice. They are just a plant food and you only need a few drops so its not going to hurt the plant at all. I order the small bottles and they last a very long time. In my current mixture I add 6 drops of pH up to a gallon of water/nutes.

The pipette is handy but dont use the test solution. A meter is far more accurate.

After you’ve added in all of your nutes you use something like these to adjust to the correct ph reading.

1 Like

I’m on your six broham lol!! A day late and a dollar short lol!! @Spiney_norman for the continued Wins!!

1 Like

Or you go the poorman route and use lemon juice to lower and baking soda to raise

I use fox farm nutrients like this 2 parts big bloom 1 part tiger bloom 1/2 part grow big.

My personal mix right now done with a regular shot glass.
2 shots big bloom
1 shot tiger bloom
1/2 shot grow big
Added to 4 gallons of between 6 and 7 ph’d water.
I do change it during different growth stages.

That may be the route I go haha not sure if I wanna buy a bunch of extra stuff this late into flower. Might just get through this grow and use the experience for the next one.

More than likely you will have to bring your ph up after adding tiger bloom if you don’t add nothing else but should consider adding cal mag. So you said you have a ph pen if not you need one bad to ph water after addig tiger bloom which then you would use baking soda to bring up

I blame that on fox farm. Why they use bloom in two different products is beyond me. In any event you should follow the feeding schedule. Using all three covers most of the nutrients a plant neeeds during its different life stages. The exception is calcium and magnesium. FF Trio comes up short and always needs to be supplemented.

At this point I would run some straight RO through it until you get good runoff. Test the runoff’s ppm & ph and let us know what it is. I would like for the plant to finish strong.

It’s still possible for that plant to finish strong? I will flush with ro water but how do you go about testing the run off water? Just catch the water that drains out and stick my tds meter In it? What tds should I be looking for in the run off?

Crazy thing is I checked the trichs of that plant and there are clear and amber trichs hardly any cloudy ones though if any.

Forgot to mention I also add cal mag and myco’s sometimes.
I would like to help with the run off but I never check it.
Also if i do give then a flush [very rare] I flush with the same recipe. I dump it through till I get 2 gallons of run off that takes about 3 gallons poured threw. Then I add the run off back to the main bucket which should have a gallon of solution still in it and dump that threw the next one. Then dispose of that make a new batch and move to the next one. After all are what I call flushed I make a fresh batch and dump a gallon though the ones I flushed with the run off . That way all salts were losened and all plants have the same amount of nutrients. In my view point. Again I very very rarely flush.
When I water I make sure to pour enough nutrient solution threw to get a nice amount of run off.
I know this will not be a popular response it is just what i am doing now and it is working for me. Might not for others.
I also want to say I switched from fox farm soils to pro mix BH plus Mycorrhizae and add extra perlite to that. Probably don’t need the perlite but eh I have a lot of it.

Puff Puff don’t pass.

Yes catch it and test both tds(ppm) and ph. The soil’s ph is most likely the more important.
As far as ppm of runoff it can have a large range that is acceptable. All soils and nutrients used can affect ppm. One common rule of thumb is if runoff ppm is less than 1000 it usually needs to be fed. If it high, like over 2000 use ph’d water only (or straight RO if that is what you are using).

The chart I posted earlier shows the desired ph for soil (6.4 - 6.9). Don’t flush right away. Use enough RO to produce runoff and check both it ppm & ph. If runoff ph is in range that is one issue that is resolved. Then feed or not feed based on ppm. Something more drastic may be necessary but it all depends on the readings.

I will check the run off tds tonight when I water them (ro water). I just checked my tds of my tiger bloom mixture and it’s 440ppm. However I have a feeling that when I first fed them with the tiger bloom a few weeks ago that it was way to much. I will get my run off reading tonight and report back.

1 Like

Just tested the run off on both plants, the problem plant we’ve been discussing was coming out 260ppm? My other plant was coming out at 890ppm but that plant is doing really well actually so not too concerned about that one. I kinda want to try to add baking soda to my tiger bloom mix to raise the pH,a if I do that how much baking soda should I use in one gallon of ro/do water with 10ml of tiger bloom in it?

1 bottle of pH down is 13 dollars and 13 dollars will buy 21 lemons at the current price. I still have my first 8 ounce bottle of pH down from 3 years ago. Lemons are not the cheaper choice. One of those things that seems cheaper but in the long run is not really.