Should I harvest early?

I have a photoperiod chronic widow that is approx. 6 weeks into flower. This was my first grow and this strain has been struggling with brown spots and burnt/brown fan leaves ever since flower started. Should I harvest it early and take the loss or wait it out and hope the brown spot and damaged leaves don’t kill the plant before I can harvest it?

2 Likes

Can’t help without pics to base an opinion on…

1 Like

I know this is probably the worst plant this forum has seen, but apparently chronic widow is really tough grow for a beginner.

1 Like

Cut the dead leaves and let her keep rockin :metal:
Looks yummy

3 Likes

How do you think the leaves got like that?
Can you add some info please

1.	Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
2.	Origin of seeds?
3.	Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
4.	Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
5.	PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
6.	Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
7.	Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
8.	What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
9.	What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
10.	What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
11.	AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
12.	Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
13.	Co2 Yes / No?
14.	How long have you been growing?
15.	What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
16.	If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

2 Likes

Or this one if you prefer

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post NA (non applicable)
-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) -Age of plant -Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF -Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc) -PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) -PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable -Method used to measure PH and TDS -Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space -Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum -Actual wattage draw of lights -Current Light Schedule -Temps; Day, Night -Humidity; Day, Night -Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size -AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, -Co2; Yes, No
If growing Hydro some additional questions:
-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other? -Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC) -Temperature of reservoir -TDS of nutrient solution -Amount of air to solution
Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

3 Likes

I would leave the damaged leafs. I say thay because it is feeding from them at the moment. You are also pretty far along and they could possibly make i t from that.
But also you need to find the root cause of the problem and fic that.
Short answer let them grow till you see amber and yes i believe you will see it before completely dead.

Wow I should have spell checked that.

1 Like

Clearly it is an unhappy plant. ILGM seed description says 9 weeks (These high-yielding plants take about 65 days to flower and be ready for harvesting). This flowering time estimate starts when its flowers are forming. When you see buttons or some call them cotton balls it is the start of flowering.
This is 14 days after flipping

So depending on when you started counting the

its remaining time to finish flowering may be significant.
If is three weeks you may be able to ride it out. If on the other hand it closer to 5 weeks I would definitely take corrective actions to improve its conditions.
Fill out the support ticket if you want help. Otherwise ride it out and good luck

1 Like
  1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
  • indoor grow
  1. Origin of seeds?
    -ILGM
  2. Regular, feminized, or autoflower
    -femanized seeds
  3. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
  • ro/di water
  1. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
    -NA
  2. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
  • aquaforest soil grow
  1. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
  • fox farm big bloom at start of flower
  1. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
  • LED grow light
  1. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
    -lights on 77-80 lights off 65/66
  2. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
    -lights on 35-45. Lights off 47-55
  3. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
  • dehumidifier (cheap Amazon one)
  1. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
    -6" ac infinity exhaust vent
  2. Co2 Yes / No?
  • no
  1. How long have you been growing?
    -first grow
  2. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
  • cheap as possible
  1. If you grow hydro, then please explain

I suspect that you just have a pH problem.
A test meter for pH is essential. PPMs is helpful but pH is critical.

3 Likes

Likey #5 is the problem. You need to adjust your feed and water solution to 6.5 before feeding. The TDS pen is how you measure out your food and read what waste came out in the runoff each feeding. These are important factors.

1 Like

We both screenshoted #5 lol!! :laughing:

Great minds @Fieldofdreams :rofl:

1 Like

I have a tds pen, I guess I just figured with ro/di it would be close enough to 6 that the plants would be fine. As far as the fox farm big bloom goes I just do 10ml in a gallon jug of ro/di water and give each plant like 2 cups every 1x a week.
(Side note) there is a California dream in with it that is coming along great nowhere near like this chronic widow.

1 Like

You have to know the pH of the solution. Adding nutrients to RO water will change the neutral state and land higher or lower. Cannabis cannot absorb food outside of certain pH levels high or low. 6.5 to 6.8 is the sweet spot in most soils. Sometimes an individual plant will tolerate conditions outside the norm.
I use RO water and Jacks 321 nutrients in Coco Coir. I have to add “pH Up” to get it to 5.8 which is where Coco needs to be. Overall your plant will give you some nice smoke. I would cut off the dead stuff as its a mold risk.

4 Likes

Good info for next grow, thanks.

1 Like

This tool measures your solutions at feedings so you don’t for example damage the plant with over feeding. Nitrogen excess will kill. A good target number is about 1000 ppm’s.

This would be a ph pen and like @Spiney_norman stated you want yo be about 6.5 after adding in your supplements. You could have easily hit 5 or 8 and have caused all that you’re seeing. Use the search feature here or use YouTube to research how to use them. You’ll be glad you did….and so will your plants.

1 Like

big bloom is a nice low dose general fertilizer but is totally inadequate to carry a plant through late veg and flower on its own. A flowering plant needs more phosphorous and potassium.
In case you don’t have the FF feeding schedule this is only the trio part

A soil / hydro ph chart is always handy to refer to

So in order to achieve the correct pH I assume there is just additives I can find on Amazon to put in the ro/di water to bring it up or down? Everything was fine with just plain ro/di water all through veg stage but I have a theory that my pots are to small so they used up all the nutrients in the soil just before I flipped to flower then when I started adding the big bloom the pH was off.