Should I give up?

My plant is 7 weeks old and only 12 inches tall.

It’s has tiny pre-flower buds (see pic) now for 3 weeks and they’re not growing any bigger.

I’m considering ‘forcing’ it with 12/12 to see what happens.

I just being impatient?

If I do force them, can I return them to 18/6 once they flower?

General info:

• Auto Night Queen
  • Migro 100+ (40cm away from canopy - recommended)
  • 12 litre Airpot with BioBizz soil
  • Canna nutrients
  • Temps 26/19c (day/night)
  • 0.8 litres water every 2/3 days - PH 6-6.5
  • No training methods or any form of stress training.

Should I give up?

1 Like

I think you are just being impatient lol and if you start messing with your light schedules you are risking stressing it out and going backwards. I think you should take off a few leaves to make sure there’s plenty of airflow in and around the plant also uncovering any hidden buds that can’t get light. Do this in stages and not all at once to much can cause stress. The plant looks good and just needs some time to grow. I also noticed that there are some leaves folding length wise (tacoing/canoeing) this is a sign of light burn, very early stages though. Could be the reason for slowed growth but I doubt it

1 Like

Never give up, looking way better than my first grow

6 Likes

Cheers Me, I was wondering about those leaves - that might explain it as I suspect I was too close for a couple of weeks. I’ll do some light defoliation as you suggest, couple of leaves here and there. I’ll repost in a week with an update.

1 Like

Autos are too temperamental, that’s why I stick to photos.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with your plant? Why do you wanna give up , maybe a :closed_lock_with_key: out

2 Likes

I’ve considered this but I’ve been very cautious - only given half the recommend nutrients and kept the PH within limits. However, I’ll to put her on water only for the next week and see if she responds.

To answer your question though, I feel as though I’ve done something wrong - she’s only 12 inches tall and hasn’t grown in nearly 3 weeks, and as I said, the buds have stalled at this size.

Something spooked her at 12 inches and I can’t figure it out.

Agreed, and all said and done autos typically take just as long - appears seed banks will make up numbers to sell seeds. Better to take 3 months with a photo that delivers than 3 months with a photo with behavioural issues!

Did anyone notice in the smaller pic that some of the leaves appear to have spilts, holes and tears? I’ve noticed this on quite a few of them - is this significant? I’ve no bugs or pests but these tears keep appearing.

They appear to be dry because of the light burn and I’m sure you have a fan blowing these things mixed can cause the damage

2 Likes

Plant looks taller than 12 inches to me…I don’t use synthetic nutes so I can’t help there. But in general make sure your feeds and environment are in line. You said you been going lite on the nutes. Maybe they just hungry. Dont know how big a 12 litter pot is. So its possible your are over watering. With autos I have always been told pot size should be 1 gallon for each month you expect the plant to grow… example 12-13 week plant dont need more than 3 gallon pot…light cycle won’t change the end time for autos.

Thanks again everyone @MeEasy yes, I had a fan blasting on them, so I’ve diverted it from the plant @primus it really is only 12 inches tall, it’s so bushy and wide that it appears bigger in the photo (maybe backs up previous point that it was too close to light) 12 litre is about 4 US gallon or 3 Imperial gallon - noted your points so going to let it dry out completely this time and give it a good feed on its next run.

I would say do a late flower defoliation… I would start there

Take off all the big fan leaves leave all thebleaves that are close to the bud sites. Strip her down but leave enough leaves to stl work. It wont hurrt u anymore than ur hurting now. If u strip it down now in 3 day u wont be able to tell much. I do my autos all the time and get big ass buds

1 Like

Looks like ph is off to me.

1 Like

I’ve taken everyone’s advice so I will post an update picture in one week and let’s see. Thank you all.

1 Like

Never give up if you don’t have to. I had one plant that only got 6” tall and only produced one gram. I learned what to do differently real fast. From my very first cramped tent. I had 8 in a 4x4 so the bigger plants hogged the light.

1 Like

@BetrayedSoul my PH meter was off by 1.0 - well spotted. Another lesson learnt. I’ve recalibrated so let’s see.

2 Likes

No keep your light schedule going

1 Like

That’s heat stress.

1 Like