Should I flush my plants?

Hello
So here’s my deal
I’m using GH flora trio nutrients with calimag
Using Royal gold kings mix soil
So It looks like my PH pen was off and my ph levels were off which caused a nutrient lock out and now have a calcium deficiency it looks like,
So my question is today I have to water my plants and I’m wondering if I should flush plants out first before I do anything else but I’m not sure if I should or not?
Thank you

1 Like

@Sincitytoker

I flushed mine after nute lock out and they recovered very nicely. I am going to tag growers that helped me through the process either by direct feedback or from reading their threads.

@Nicky
@Dave101
@Mark0427
@Amazon66
@Caligurl
@Covertgrower

3 Likes

I would recommend a flush if you think your ph is off. Have you checked run off, and compared to what’s going in?
I would only recommend a flush if you verify the ph is off.
Flushing resets ph, but also removes nutrients. When flushing, you do have to feed again.

Pictures really help if you can post them.

6 Likes

@Sincitytoker

I’d also suggest upgrading your pH pen. I upgraded to an Apera AP20 kit that you can find on Amazon and it is much better than the cheap yellow meter I started with.

3 Likes

I think they have a calcium deficiency which was caused from one of my ph pens being off
I think maybe be for about 12 days and is what caused the lock out
I used my Hanna that was calibrated 2 days ago and that’s when I realized that’s what might be going on but not sure
The nutes I’m using calls for 5.5-6.5 in soil
I think I was inputting 7.0 instead of 6.5

2 Likes

It does look like calcium but that will show if the pH is off
The pH sweet spot for soil is 6.5.
I would flush but like @Covertgrower said, only if you verify the pH is off
Test your runoff with a new pen
You could also do a soil slurry test for a more accurate picture of what’s going on (you can google how to do it) Super simple and fast.

2 Likes

Well i put in 6.7 in on Saturday and 6.7 came out of run off as well
So I have been feeding that at a higher ph level than recommended
But I’m wondering if I should adjust ph to correct levels,I just recalibrated my pen so on point now and just bumps up the calcium?
What do you guys think?

It’s important to verify run off is out of range for ph before you attempt to correct. No matter what the ph is, I would definitely add calcium.

1 Like

Ok sounds good
Thank you guys for all the advice

1 Like

Quick question
If I input let’s ph levels at 6.5
If I get to what ph level and above should I flush??

Anything above 7 is too high. Also depends on what the plant looks like.
I know you’re having issues, and I would recommend bringing it down to at least 6 if you can.

If you can get your hands on Hardwood ash, and use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon, it should help
bring down pH to decent levels. Also, it would put a decent shot of calcium into your soil.

I’m a noob so take what I say with the utmost caution.