Should I flush at this point in my grow?

I’ve heard people talk about flushing? How does that work? I am about 80 days in. Based on my photos how much longer?

2 Likes

With as many white pistols as you have I’d say you have another couple weeks before the harvest window. The flushing thing to me depends on how much and what type of nutrients your feeding. Usually I’ll flush with several gallons of water, then switch to water only for the last week to 10 days before harvest

4 Likes

Yes I would flush it as she is near the end. It all depends on the high you want. 2 weeks of just water before harvest is more than enough

4 Likes

Flushing is to strip the nutrients from the plant for a smoother smoke. Same reason for extended dark period or chopping before she sees light in the AM. Most of the nutrients recede to the roots during lights out and surge into the plant at first light so it is dealer’s choice on whether to do it and which method.
As for how long, those are some fat buds and it looks like they are still bulking up. Lots of white pistils but the trichs tell the real story. There is a window of several weeks where the plant has a curve 90% max THC or more and you have to weigh a little more yield against a little higher THC level. Hard to say when the perfect balance is.

3 Likes

I agree with pinboy u still have a few weeks to go they look nice i love the colours

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I’m new to this! So what do you mean by the type of high and how does flushing impact that?

1 Like

As shown in the chart @SilvaBack203 posted, it is the development of trichomes that determine the type of high. The flushing only addresses the harshness of the finished product.

2 Likes

@HMGRWN got chu covered

2 Likes

I have soooooo much to learn!!!

4 Likes

This community will help u with anything

2 Likes

Just hang out here, read everything and ask questions when you have them. :blush::v:

2 Likes

I myself like at least 80% amber on my trichs but I like taking naps lol great looking buds shoot whiot

1 Like

I would check my trics and go from there. From the looks of the picture you have some fox failing going on so be sure to check tricks on the inside of the bud not just the outside. The outside might show clear while the inner is cloudy or amber.

1 Like