Should I "flip" these now? Or soon?

Maui-Wowie in 7.5-gallon grow bags in FFOF soil. Germinated October 28, transplanted to grow bags and put in the tent November 11. With the exception of one day where I left the light on 24 hours they’ve been on 18, off 6.

They are just pushing into the screen in the past few days. Should I wait longer, or change the lighting to 12 on, 12 off now?

Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas, Festivus, or any other celebratory thing that makes you happy!

IMG_0054
IMG_0055

2 Likes

Two months of seedling and veg is about the average. You can go longer without problems as long as you take in consideration the plants eventual height. A plant can double in height at the beginning of flowering. I’ve personally taken to creating as short a plant as possible so I can keep her in veg for a little longer. I think my older plants are more potent.

2 Likes

Should you flip?

It’s kind of a personal preference. You need to know how they’ll stretch. I’m not familiar with the strain myself.

A general rule of thumb is to allow the plant to fill up about 3/4 of the scrog before flipping.

If it were mine, I would lower the scrog and start spreading her out. Or, you can leave it like it is and wait till they fill the net.

They look great! Keep’em growin! Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thanks! I like the idea of lowering the net. Especially since the tent is only 60" tall, owing to the low basement ceiling. I will cut four inches off each leg, then if I need to later, I can raise them higher.

3 Likes

Wanted to show this corner of one of my scrog frames. 1" sch 40 PVC pipe fits inside 1 1/4 pipe so it can telescope. The corner are 1 1/4" 4-way corners.

Another one

3 Likes