Should I Flip now?

Evening All. This is my first time attempting to use a scrog. Everything is going great but im not sure when I should flip…I was planning on doing it once most of the square are full but then i realize i still have a stretch to deal with. So with that in mind should i be switching now?

3 Likes

They are totall showing signs of Pre flowers, if it were me I’d flip

9 Likes

Same, time to flip. Let the stretch fill out the rest of your screen.

8 Likes

Yep I’m with them change over the times and keep tucking them branches for another week or 2 to fill in the bare spots. Good luck man.

4 Likes

Are they autos or photos cause if they are autos u don’t need to flip them to a 12/12 cycle

1 Like

they are photos. Thanks everyone for the replies. Im going to switch them over tomorrow so i can get at their canopies at the same time.

1 Like

These are looking good!

1 Like

Thanks a bunch!! Im hoping they stay perfect till the end

That a trellis net, not a scog.

Just FYI

Single plant scog frames are ideal because then you can move the plant.

Once your two plants grow into that net you can’t move them and it makes defoilation and miantance a huge pain.
I did it once and I’ll never do it again.

SCOG frames are often made from pvc and then a couple holes drilled and string used.

2 Likes

ok…so didnt realize i had to be by definition but isnt scrogging a technique of growing therefore can be adapted to individual needs…but Im using octopots so they arent moving anyway. Its not that much of a pain for me…just another task that needs to be completed

4 Likes

Nothing has to be by definition I was merely pointing some things out to expand your knowledge, hopefully you can anticipate the challenges ahead. Or alter your methods before its to late.

Why did you go octopot and not autopot?

2 Likes

Thank you for that. Ive learn since taking up this hobby, the information is infinite. I figured id support the lil guy as far as the octopots and I like the idea of the fabric pot vs the plastic ones. Also less moving parts to worry about.

3 Likes

My autopots are fabric =p

I preferred the larger range in empty to fill water levels in the pots to allow more of a flood/drain method, and I liked to support the original designer who invented the concept but that’s just me.

2 Likes

maybe ill give them a go when I expand

2 Likes

You made me look into them more. Getting some for sure! Also put them into flower monday night.

3 Likes
2 Likes

So scog would be a trellis or support system attached to the grow system itself? Like when i tie my plants off, i like to keep them attached to the reservoir lid that they sit in, this way when i lift my lid, the supports move with them. A scog would be a more complex version of that?

1 Like

Scrog

2 Likes

SCROG = Screen of Green

It just refers to using netting to flatten all the tops to the same height. This is an advanced technique that requires a lot of planning. Once the plant grows through the net, it is basically like that until harvest. This means if you tie off on your tent or walls, your plant is stuck there.

LST = Low-Stress Training

This is less involved than SCROG. You use wire, twine, pipe cleaners, etc to tie specific branches down. Often people tie them to their pots/buckets which means you can move the plant easier.

2 Likes

I am planning on building a support system on top of my hydro lid…i guess if im gonna do that thrn i might as well try a scrog. Something i need to look into. Thanks.

2 Likes