Should i FIM this one?

Should I FIM her? Did LST and topping on my last grow, trying something different. She’s 2 weeks in veg, 4 from sprout. Photo Skywalker OG in coco under a ts1000

3 Likes

Entirely up to you. Seems like it’s hit or miss with this technique.

3 Likes

I personally don’t top of FIM mine. I find that training the growth benefits my growing style a bit more. Looks like a healthy little laddie :wink:
Happy growing…

1 Like

First grow with LED light Skywalker OG

BeginnerGrow Journals

Welcome To The

ILGM Grow Support Forum

Our experts will be with you shortly

Back

/

Myfriendis410ILGM Mentor

Sep '18

I would only suggest that you go easy on the water. They need to be in fairly dry soil now. A couple of teaspoons is all they need until the plant gets larger.

Rainwater is good but I still recommend purchasing a decent PH meter. Drops are not accurate enough.

PrincessT

Sep '18

@Myfriendis410 I will get one today. I only water them on the outside of the cup and a couple sprays by the stem. That’s what I’ve been reading to do anyway lol. That way the roots stretch to get the water.

Myfriendis410ILGM Mentor

Sep '18

That is exactly right. Keep doing what you’re doing. FYI distilled water is great when they’re little too because the liquid adopts the soil PH immediately.

They won’t need any nutrients; better to let them tell you when they need something, if anything.

There may be a bit of stretch happening; you may want to bring the light down a bit. I don’t know what that is on your leaves but I would try to avoid getting anything on them at this stage. High humidity is still good but you can start hardening them with a small fan playing on them for a couple of hours each day.

When you buy a meter avoid getting one of the 3 in 1 meters: they are worthless.

amazon.com

Apera Instruments AI209 PH20 Value Waterproof pH Pocket Tester, ±0.1 pH Accuracy, 0-14.0 pH Range, Complete Kit: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

" The PH20 Value pH Tester is designed for all kinds of regular pH test applications, including hydroponics, pools and spas, water treatment, aquariums, aquaculture, beer brewing, winemaking, cooling …

This is the one I recommend.

PrincessT

Sep '18

Thank you very much @Myfriendis410 I could use all the help I can get. I would rather benefit from someone else’s mistake than repeat it. That would be dumb on my part. The white stuff on the leaves is diatimacious (can NOT spell that word atm) earth spray for a pest problem in our room.

Myfriendis410ILGM Mentor

Sep '18

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

• Strain; Skywalker OG Kush
  • Coco in fabric pot 3gal
  • System type?
  • PH of runoff 5.9
  • What is strength of nutrient mix? EC 480
  • Indoor
  • Mars Ts 1000
  • Temps; Day 75f, Night 65f
  • Humidity; 50%day, Night 60%
  • Ventilation system; No,
  • Humidifier yes