Should I do some trimming? White widow autos

Good day my fellow gardeners…this is my first real attempt at an indoor grow…I started with a dwc system but couldn’t get comfy with the nutrients or ph tester so I transplanted them into soil two weeks ago and omg have the exploded…they are now about 30 inches tall… my lights are at their max height… they are starting to flower and im just waiting for my bloom nutrients to be delivered…I have read on other sites not to trim the fan leaves on autos but im afraid that they are casting too much shadow to the inners…but I can’t space them out anymore as they already grow on an angle towards the lights…any advice??

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Dr.ofSmokology my 2 pennies on autos an I don’t have very much experience with, but read a good bit about on here, I would tuck away an bend em to get some light in the center, an leave as much as possible, bit wait for some more opinions, @Nicky @Not2SureYet

2 Likes

Can you re post the picture without your grow lights on, it’s really hard to read a picture in non natural light or warm red lights. Use a flash in the dark it produces a cool light image.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Also, what and how many lights are you running over these. That will have a big effect too

1 Like

I have 2000w full spectrum and a 1000w full spectrum

3 Likes

Hello fellow Canadian, I can see by your flag lol.
And by the fact your using Vernon green plant line.
I’m from the Okanagan and now live in central Alberta myself.

Okay so it looks like your just getting into flower, you can either defoilate now or wait a bit but your plants look bushy and healthy so I would go ahead and do it now.
Lolipop first and then defoilate, anything that doesn’t reach half way up get rid of. Get rid of fluff on the inside as well as stand up and look down on your plant to pretend your the light looking for bud sites.
I wish you planted them in coco and suggest you go that route next time but for now just keep in mind plants in soil grow slower.

Don’t be scared to defoilate though

Also learn the true Wattage of your lights, how many watts does it actually use? Should be on the amazon add where you bought the burples of its not on the sticker.

2 Likes

The nutrient line u see is not what I’m using…I started in a dwc with that nutrient but had 2 plants go sick…thats when I took them from the water( I left them in the basket as to not disturb the roots more) and planted them in the buckets using MG potting soil…I have a jug of terra florra coming for the bloom booster…I also have then on a 20-4 light schedule…should I adjust this now??

Leave on the 20/4

Also MG soils going to give you a nitrogen toxicity due to the nitrogen pellets in it. But oh well it is what it is now.
You can already notice it by the dark dark green leafs with the tips clawing down.
Your buckets have holes in the bottom for drainage?

1 Like

Yup…been using a pool toy to suck the drained stuff and squirt it back thru…then when none drains out I add fresh…

Don’t re use run off water, bad, lol.
Always only add fresh ph’d water at 6.5ph if in soil

2 Likes

Oops!! Figured It was like feeding the family leftovers lol…ok another lesson learned…never lollipoped a plant before…

1 Like

YouTube
Defoilation and lollipop are an art. You can watch people do it a bunch of times But you need experience and you’ll learn to look / feel for how it is.

2 Likes