Should I buy autoflower, or reg feminized seeds?

This is the main reason for buying Fem. Autos for my first real try at growing, Also I’m using three different growing mediums and hopefully starting 11 plants all separated in different Outdoor grow areas , should be a fun show (a lot of work) but fun anyhow. !!

@FyshhTrap,

You think your having fun. I have over twenty plants in flower and over 40 clones that I’m wating on to root .
I have to admit I fell behind. I should have twenty on vegg but I don’t this time around.

Will

2 Likes

@hobbygardener

I had done the same thing and your just fine Sir…

B Safe
Will

Lol! @garrigan62, do you still have advice about strains? Commented back to you about that, but never heard back. You are a busy guy helping out all the new growers here! That is meant as a compliment and thanks. I’m so thankful for all the advice and wisdom shared on this site!

Just noticed this thread is 23he long, and I started because I couldn’t sleep. Damn. I really need something that knocks me out. I go 2-3 days w no sleep all the time. Not sure how that happens

1 Like

I know the feeling trust me.
And yes i help alll over this site helping whoever I can mostly deficiency problems.
But yes let me have a few and I’ll check my Fies

B Safe
Will

2 Likes

SHARK SHOCK
CBD Shark Shock

From the medically focused minds of CBD Crew comes Shark Shock, an indica dominant hybrid that boasts a high CBD content, perfectly mixed with THC to help treat a myriad of ailments – including insomnia and other sleep related disorders. If you are serious about getting to sleep, then you might give Shark Shock a look – it’s relaxing and will go a long way to making you ready for sleep. When smoked, it has a sweet, fruity taste.

BUBBA KUSH
Bubba Kush

Bubba Kush is a near pure indica strain that is the result of breeding Bubble Gum and Kush. Whilst not as strong as some of the other Kush strains on the market in terms of THC, this well balanced strain make it an ideal choice for those who lack sleep. The high is one of relaxation and ease, which can be taken further into a couch-lock if desired. If smoked, has a sweet yet earthy taste, with lemony Kush undertones.

CBD CRITICAL MASS
CBD Critical Mass

Another strong contender from the breeders at CBD Crew is their take on Critical Mass, simply named CBD Critical Mass. Much like all of their other strains, the emphasis on CBD Critical Mass isl the high CBD content, which works in tandem with THC to offer and route to slumber. This relaxing and potentially couch-locking indica dominant strain has a citrusy sweet taste and a cannabinoid content that will not disappoint those looking for a sleep focused medical strain.

VANILLA KUSH
Vanilla Kush

Vanilla Kush is an indica dominant strain that both tastes good and has a strong cannabinoid content. The combination of the subtle yet highly enjoyable vanilla flavours and its ability to take you in to the depths of a far reaching stone makes it the ideal choice for those needing to lose the tension within their body and mind, aiding them in drifting off to sleep.

BLUE MYSTIC
Blue Mystic

Blue Mystic is an indica dominant strain that has a short flowering period and a decent yield. It has a herbal and fruity taste that delivers a comfortable body buzz for general relaxation. It is a good starting point for insomniacs starting out with weed, as it is not as overwhelming as some of the other strains on this list. It give you the option to slowly and comfortably lower yourself into the depths of sleep.
The information presented is not to be considered medical advice and is not intended to replace proper medical care. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

Cannabis can have such a huge impact on sleep, so much so that many who suffer from sleeping disorders, or just generally find it harder to drift off, regularly use it before bed. Night time users not only tend to report an increased drowsiness, but also a shorter sleep onset latency (how long it takes to fall asleep), waking less often during the night, and generally a higher quality of sleep.
This holds a significant draw for insomniacs looking for a natural alternative to sleeping medicine, and many are now turning to cannabis and its use.
WHAT IS INSOMNIA?
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder that tends to be a symptom of a larger condition, such as depression or nervous tension. It is rarely a condition on its own. It causes those who suffer from it to have extreme difficulty falling into and maintaining sleep. It is thought that 10-30 percent of all adults have suffered from insomnia, and of those diagnosed with it, 95 percent are prescribed sleeping medication to deal with it. Unfortunately, sleeping medicine can have long lasting and unwanted side effects, such as prolonged drowsiness when awake and even a risk of death. It is no wonder then that many have decided to substitute prescribed medication for marijuana use; but is this wise? And how does marijuana help?
CANNABIS, SLEEP AND RESEARCH0
There is surprisingly (or perhaps unsurprisingly) little research into how the two main cannabinoids within cannabis, THC and CBD, affect sleep. With the recent wave of cannabis reform, and the mounting research coming out about the other medicinal properties of cannabis, researchers are only now beginning to focus on this area. What research has been done suggest that the endocannabinoid system within our body, (the system that THC, CBD and the other cannabinoids interact with), plays a significant role in sleep regulation. A study from 2012 even goes as far as to suggest that insomnia may be caused by an abnormality within the endocannabinoid system, and that this system should be focused on for finding a treatment. Whilst not implicating cannabis directly, as one of the few things that successfully interacts with the endocannabinoid system, it only makes sense that the solution lies within cannabis – which fits the anecdotal reports.
The current problem is that most research into the matter has been conducted in vitro, or on animals with similar biological systems to us, such as rats. There has been very little actual human testing, although animal testing does show very encouraging results in favour of cannabis as a sleep aid. However, due to the lack of studies, many rely on anecdotal reports from the internet and friends.
The research that has been conducted on humans with insomnia is woefully old and very small in scale, but they do show positive results. A study conducted in 1973 and published in the Psychopharmacologia outlines how 9 patients suffering from insomnia were given varying doses of THC, either 10, 20 or 30 mg. It was found that those who were given 20 mg got to sleep much faster than those given a different dose. Interestingly, the 30 mg dose made it harder to get to sleep, which was described by one of the researchers as being due to the increased psychedelic nature of the experience overcoming the desire to sleep. Another study that looked into the effects of CBD found that those given a 160mg dose maintained a longer period of sleep then those given a placebo. What this suggests is that the combination of both THC and CBD can help us to fall asleep quicker, and for longer periods of time.

MARIJUANA AND THE SLEEP CYCLE
Cannabis has been found to not only affect how easily we fall into and maintain sleep, but also the actual sleep cycle itself. Cannabis significantly increases deeper stage 3 sleep and reduces the amount of lighter REM sleep we experience. Stage 3 sleep is thought to be the most important for those suffering from a sleep deprivation condition. REM sleep is the light sleep in which we dream. As a result of less REM sleep, those who tend to use cannabis as a sleep aid tend to report dreamless sleep.
A reduced period of REM sleep has been linked to improved memory and reducing the symptoms of depression. However, it is worth noting that not much is actually known about REM sleep and what it does. For this reason caution is always advised, as by reducing the REM phase of the sleep cycle, you enter fairly uncharted territory as far as scientific investigation goes.
Saying this, many people swear by the use of cannabis in order to get to sleep, and what research suggests there is, at the minimum, positive effects on sleep.

SATIVA OR INDICA?
So , let‘s move onto the best strains to get the job done, but do you want to be focusing on sativa or indica strains? The simple answer is indica. Typically, sativa strains are more energising and heady in effect. Since they are commonly bred to be high in THC, it‘s easy to end up getting a little too spacey, as shown by the previously mentioned research, which demonstrates that high doses of THC can counteract sleepiness.
Conversely, indica strains tend to induce a more profound body-centred stoned effect. Indica also tend to show a wider range of cannabinoids, often also higher levels of CBD, which goes hand in hand with THC to induce and maintain good sleep. So even when you have an extremely powerful strain with high THC, the CBD also contained within it can take off the edge.

WHAT‘S THE BEST WAY TO CONSUME IT?
Whilst the most popular way of taking cannabis tends to be smoking it, those looking for its medicinal effects should consider eating it. When you eat cannabis the liver converts the cannabinoids into a much more potent and longer lasting form. As a consequence the sleepy effects are stronger and they last much longer through the night – improving the chances of uninterrupted sleep. The downside of eating baked cannabis goods is that they need to be prepared, i.e. baked into something, as cannabis needs to go through a heating process to become orally active; plus it can take 45 minutes to an hour to kick in.
Another good way to take cannabis is through a tincture, which is both simple to take and easy to prepare. The advantage of a tincture is that the preparation stays potent for many months, and it is very easy to find the right dose in the form of drops. It‘s a bit of an effort to make one the first time, but once done, it remains viable for months. Learn here How To Make Your Own Cannabis Tincture.

WELL THERE YA GO HOPE THIS HELPS

WILL

6 Likes

That’s awesome , I"d be happy if I got two good plants out of this first grow, time will tell.

@FyshhTrap

If you keep. A good check on your P H at the root zone
And check your P H Before. watering and feeding.

You wil get More than two plants . Because that’s where 9 out of 10; deficiency’s start.

Will

1 Like

Wow! I’m impressed at the data bomb you dropped! Thanks so much for sharing this with me! I am amazed at how much info I’m getting here.

Thank you to everyone here for sharing with me all your wisdom and opinions!

Yes, I checked my ph before watering. I just planted my Popped seeds in MG soil yesterday, so I’m waiting for sprouts as of now. I have a few in Cocoa soil and was told to add nutes at this time which I did. Cocoa soil was mixed in a batch until wet/ mud consistency(not overly) but enough to moisten. Is this OK for seedlings to start in? This was done only in the Coco,not the Miracle Grow soil.

I’m a soil guy. I grow in soil only so i don’t want to
say cause…I’ M! Not sure

Will

We’ve revisited our guide on Cannabis Seed Types. It explains all the differences between male, female, regular, feminized, photoperiod, and autoflowering seeds. Find all the answers you need here :slight_smile: