Should I be worried about the leaf discoloration?

Forgot to mention - I’ve seen a lot of vids and posts about transplanting from solo cups to bigger pots etc. I’m mostly worried because from what I’ve seen, that involves taking the entire root bulb (with the existing soil from the solo cup). In my case though, my plants were in a hostile (so to speak) soil, so I tried to shake all the MG soil off the roots before I moved the plants over to the FFOF. I’ve read that contact to air will kill the roots, so I guess I was worried that shaking all the dirt from the roots would expose the roots to air and kill the plants. But, I’ve had a couple drinks so I did it anyways lol. I coated the transplant hole with Bigfoot Gold myco (was gonna use the granular Bigfoot I have on order, but that’s not coming til tomorrow, and I’m anxious) and tried to spread the roots around in different directions without ripping at them or anything. Then just poured more dirt on top until I could create a mound around the stem to hold it upright.

On another note, something I’ve started doing with my soil is creating a sort of “flood-plain” on top of the soil. My pots previously had dirt just poured in randomly (lumpy on top here and there, for instance), but when I water the plants, the water will channel through all the low spots and out to the walls of the fabric pot…and then right out of the pot and into the drip pan lol. So, I’ve started intentionally flattening the soil on the top surface, but sloping up to the walls of the pot. That way, the water doesn’t have the low-lying channels to flow out of the pot, and instead soaks down into the soil.

I suppose this is probably all beginner stuff that most folks do without thinking…I’m just nerding out learning new stuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This says it all
Not the drinks part, I’m not a nag
“So I did it anyways lol.”
It’s done. It can’t be undone…so even if it were a bad move, I’m not saying it was, you now gotta move forward and adjust as needed

I know you can grow in miracle grow and get nice buds…I’ve seen it done but it’s a skill most people don’t possess

2 Likes

The mycorrhizae should definitely help with the transplant shock just water after the transplant and let them do there thing they should bounce back these are prety resilient and forgiving plants especially phots autos are another topic lol

1 Like

Also just a fyi the blurple leds that you are currently using atm won’t be enough to carry your girls all the way through flower your buds will more than likely end up very light and airy and won’t have much if any density id definitely recommend upgrading your light if you want a good experience with growing after all it is the heart of the whole grow

1 Like

I would recommended a pump sprayer. I moved to that during my second grow after advice received here. It takes longer to water but avoids channeling. Also if you are in fabric pots give them a nice squeeze or whack before watering. I helps move the soil and breaks up the areas where channeling happens. Hope this information helps.

4 Likes

@LiesGrows They’re still standing upright this morning, so I haven’t jumped off a cliff yet.
I’ve read articles saying these newer LED type lights (blurple) can be effective in a smaller tent (say 4x4 like I have). Do you mean the blurples aren’t as effective, or just that the one won’t be enough?

@JaneQP thanks for the input, I used a mister/sprayer when they were seedlings (read that in some article or another). I’ve switched to just a watering can now cause I’m impatient lol. I’ll def try the squeeze/whack technique, sounds sensible to me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Blurples are no where near newer on market for led blurple lights have been around for quite some time I believe they where some on the 1st type of led boards on the market but they don’t have the correct spectrum for the plants in return you don’t typically end up with good results unless ypu have multiple fixtures not saying you can’t grow herb with them just not ideal alot of us in this fourm swear by HLG other good but affordable brands are Spider Farmer, Mars Hydro ,

2 Likes

@LiesGrows Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Horticulture-Lighting-Group-High-Efficiency-Upgraded/dp/B076QDKVDZ/ref=asc_df_B076QDKVDZ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309760577403&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6325342147644739557&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008299&hvtargid=pla-569433019396&psc=1

You are in a 4x3 tent correct?

4x4x6.67’

I’m planning on growing 4 plants at a time, only have 3 this time cause one of the seeds I started didn’t make it out of womb

1 Like

Sorry I meant 4x4 haha fat fingers give me a second is there a budget your trying to stay in

1 Like

No worries, I do it all the time lol. No specific budget, but I can’t spend a whole lot more, or my wife will divorce me

1 Like

Cheapest id go would be the Viparspectra XS4000 it uses updated Samsung diodes and meanwell drivers puts out 480w of power amazon also has a $40 off coupon also at checkout comes to like 380 shipped

1 Like

@LiesGrows 10-4, I’m not sure I can afford another light…like I said, my wife already griefing me over my “pot project” lol. I really enjoy growing so far tho, so I’l prob buy another one in the future - I’ll keep the white LEDs in mind for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just following up - my plants seem like they’re doing a lot better after the transplant, pest control, myco…etc:

The one plant that had the worst discoloration never really caught up to the other 2, but it’s def looking healthier. I’ve just accepted that it’s the runt of the litter - I call her scrappy :slight_smile:

Next up, I’ll prob switch to flowering in a couple weeks and see how many ways I can screw that up lol. J/k, I really do appreciate the advice from all of you though.

Peace, love and ganja grease :slight_smile:

2 Likes