Should i be concerned with ppms?

Just transplanted a Banana hush into a 10 gal fabric pot filled with FFOC in bottom half with top half filled with FFHF. Plant has been in pot for alittle over a week. Just watered with a gal. of distilled. Runoff ph is 6.8 and ppm.s are 2780, inside temp 72 and humidity around 61%. Should i be worried about the 2780 ppm now since it’s the first watering with runoff? Seems pretty hot. @Covertgrower @BobbyDigital @Borderryan @merlin44 @MeEasy @Hellraiser @beardless @BudzMS

4 Likes

High PPMs in new soils are common. Young plants can handle it.

6 Likes

That’s all that stuff you paid for washing out of the soil. When I water to runoff I don’t want more than a cup in the tray but I don’t use synthetic nutrients. I figure I paid good money for those nutrients so I want them available to the plant.

3 Likes

You are reading the make up in your new soil. It will drop over time.

1 Like

no more than a 1/2 cup of runoff. that’s why i like 10 gal pots 1gal water only produces very little runoff.

1 Like

Until you start feeding with salt/chemical nutrients you don’t want runoff or very little, what you do get you can pour back into the plant the next day once the plant drinks a little

3 Likes

Agree with above you are getting what in the soil, you should be ok, I would say do feed any nutes tell those numbers come down, good luck and happy growing

The ppms are normal for the soil you are using.

1 Like