Should defoliate a couple of large fan leaves, mid plant

This plant is 3.5 weeks old, counting seedling time. Girl Scout Cookie Extreme Auto.(ILGM)  I just cut two older leaves (bottom) in middle of plant a couple large fan leaves blocking lot of areas under that will be bud sites. Should defoliate these fan leaves? Not sure how close to flowering( time to recover questionable. I was going to try LST with spring rubber coated flex tie, going to be tough ( main stalk is 5/8 inch or larger) should have done sooner. Fan leaves I’m thinking of defoliating are 7.5 inches wide. 
 This auto is in 7.5 gal. Air pot, powered by Mars Hydro TS3000, 24 inches away (450 watts at light, in 3x3 Gorilla. Fox Farms 50% at bottom, Nectar of Gods top 50% ( super soil) experimenting growing larger than anticipated.

1 Like

Copied from Original Post…

This plant is 3.5 weeks old, counting seedling time. Girl Scout Cookie Extreme Auto.(ILGM) I just cut two older leaves (bottom) in middle of plant a couple large fan leaves blocking lot of areas under that will be bud sites. Should defoliate these fan leaves? Not sure how close to flowering( time to recover questionable. I was going to try LST with spring rubber coated flex tie, going to be tough ( main stalk is 5/8 inch or larger) should have done sooner. Fan leaves I’m thinking of defoliating are 7.5 inches wide.
This auto is in 7.5 gal. Air pot, powered by Mars Hydro TS3000, 24 inches away (450 watts at light, in 3x3 Gorilla. Fox Farms 50% at bottom, Nectar of Gods top 50% ( super soil) experimenting growing larger than anticipated.

1 Like

At this point I would avoid defoliation. Those leaves are providing much of the energy to the plant.
You want an autoflower to grow fast during the first weeks and defoliation will slow it down.
Roots provide materials and leaves provide energy for growth.
As those lower branches grow out you can tuck the fan leaves underneath.

4 Likes

Thanks Norman learning process on this grow. How long do you think they will start to flower? 2 weeks?

2 Likes

Avoid defoliation at this young age… autos do whatever they want… they tell You when they will start flowering…

1 Like