Shorter Grow This time.... (I hope!) 2 Sour Diesel

I only use cal mag or Epsom salts at waterings and between feedings.

1 Like

How often do you use the epson salt?? I did notice that the epson salt itself has a lot of PPMs in it, so I know not to feed with nutes in it. My plan was to use the epson salt during watering only. What about calmagic? Do you use the calmagic during both feeding and watering?

I usually do calmag with my normal feedings and use Epsom salts on non feed days usually because it does have a high ppm. I usually give Epsom and molasses on non feed days :v::bear:

4 Likes

Wow! Thanks for clarifying that for me. I’m learning. Thanks again man! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Nice grow Spy, the girls look great. Love the set up you and @Budbrother concocted, super neat & efficient.
:sunglasses: :beers:

1 Like

@peachfuzz @BigDaddyCain I am sorry if I gave the impression I’m in DWC. I’m actually growing in coco

Water comes out of the tap at about 72 PPMs and PH around 6.7ish
On days that I feed, currently every three days, but about to go to every other day I think…, (there’re drying out quicker), I check water first, then add nutes and calmag to about 800-900 PPMs.
Then adjust PH between 5.5 - 5.8. Always water to runoff.
Runoff has been near perfect. I am on a feed/feed/water schedule right now. I was on a feed/water schedule but the PPMs kept dropping so I had to boost the PPMs and go to feed/feed/water.
I mixed up 1 gal. of water with 1 tsp. of epson salt on Tuesday and gave it to them about 4 hours after I fed them.

I had posted this morning on here about epson salt but then was reading your thread where you added epson salt, so I was just curious as to how often. Thanks for both of your inputs!:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Go to feed water feed if the run off is low on ppm that means plant is eating

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower

I think @Myfriendis410 has you covered on that question

3 Likes

@Budbrother @GreenThunder @Covertgrower @SilentHippie @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @Missiles @raustin

2-5-19 Update:
So, after a three week long, stalling battle with the Cal / mag problem, I think we’re back on track. The only problem I see at the moment while she recovers is, I’m running out of room in the back of the screen… (thank goodness!!.. :clap::clap:)

I really thought I had lost them the way they were starting to look this past weekend. Everything kept on coming out yellow and would stay that way.

It has been amazing watching them…at least most of them, get their color back. This is a picture of yesterday and today.

2-4-19

2-5-19

I think it’s time for me to flip. I have to water and I’ll tie everything down again tomorrow. I think I can get most of the screen filled over the next two to three weeks. They are already 6" above the screen. They are about to get way out of hand because I haven’t been training or pruning them while treating them for deficiencies. Was afraid to touch them… I think It might have paid off…lol :rofl:

Any thoughts??

@MattyBear @Myfriendis410 and everybody else…lol :joy::joy:
So Sunday, I did a flush. I ran 12 gal of PH water 5.6 - 5.8. The PH out started out at 5.4, but by the time I was through, it was coming out at 5.0 in both plants. The last three gal went in at 5.8.

Is that typical/normal?? Why did it do that?

11 Likes

What does a slurry test show? I don’t think it’s anything to be concerned about but best to watch it.

Your plants are looking much better. That’s a relief!

3 Likes

I’m in coco. Is that something you do in coco??

3 Likes

Sure; any media can be tested. Simple enough to do. I don’t know what it would tell you though. I’ve not done it with any of my media grows simply because I didn’t have any problems (with THAT anyway haha).

Might be nice just to have a baseline. Peat can break down over time and become more acidic but coco shouldn’t unless some organic material was in with the coco. Then you might see that as the cause…

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 can you tell about my space and me flipping soon?

1 Like

Good by me, turn and burn if you’re ready. You’ll be able to tuck into those last squares.

4 Likes

I thought I would as well. I may not get it all even and completely filled in but I’m still going to have a good grow provided I don’t screw it up… I think… :joy:

3 Likes

I’d give it a couple more days; not because the screen needs more filling in but because of your recent troubles. Let em recover a bit more first. I would also suggest you can bring stretch down to a more manageable amount by bringing your lights down to 12/12 over the course of a week or so. That might also play into allowing the girls a few more days…

3 Likes

That’s my plan is to flip them over the corse of a a week or so. We actually talked while ago about letting them recover another week and then flipping. Thanks @Myfriendis410.

3 Likes

I think they look good man! The rest of the screen should fill up with the stretch so I’d say whenever you wanna flip them :v::bear:

3 Likes

If your worried about them getting to far past the screen you can put a second one just above where they are now and when you flip to 12/12 they will stretch into the new scrog and you will have support higher up for the ladies

1 Like

Man yalls stalks are just trememdous must be great genetics i jave yet to see a stalk 1inch thick

2 Likes