Short squat plants

I have to grow on a balcony on the top floor of my retirement community. I would therefore live to know what variety would give me a lower height, more squat plant with reasonable THC. Any strains that look like something else would be good as well. I can only do 2 plants at best. Looking forward to recommendations

1 Like

Most plants can be trained to be small and squatty, but most pure or Indica leaning Hybrids are naturally shorter than Sativa or Sativa leaning hybrids.

2 Likes

Do you have a source for going about that training? Thanks

1 Like

Look up LST and Supercropping

2 Likes

Search on defoliating, topping, and supercropping. Those 3 techniques should get you where you need to be. @AAA gave good advice on strains. Indica and indica dominant strains tend to grow more squat then sativas. I grow mine with these techniques and rarely have a plant extend over 3 feet tall.

Autoflowering strains don’t tend to get very big either. You might look in to those.

2 Likes

Are there varieties which take to LST and supercropping better? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Welcome to the community.! Start by reading Breeders info on different strains. Also as mentioned topping and training. ( Super Skunk) could possibly be a good fit for you.

Welcome to the community. :+1:

Every plant is trainable.

1 Like

Welcome and good luck from a retiree. A little more info would garner more informed recommendations from the members. Geographically speaking where are you? What direction does your balcony face. Do your neighbors across from you have binoculars? Of course check ILGM seed bank and use the various filters. @TommyBahama posted his ilgm strain attributes a week or so ago. Fantastic work and thanks to TB
http://www.xsrpms.com/tommybahama/ilgm/seed_attributes.html#athc