Shopping list for new grower

I’m creating a shopping list for all items I’ll need to start my grow. I’m going to miss things so if y’all see missing items or you have suggestions please chime in. My “wish” list includes:
4x2x80 grow tent maybe Gorilla
AC Infinity Cloudline T6 exhaust fan with carbon filter.
HLG 260 Watt Quantum board LED kit V2
ph tester
ppm tester
Light meter
Light timer
Fox Farms Happy Frog and Ocean Forest
Fabric pots
I know I’m missing things.
All your help is deeply appreciated.

2 Likes

thats a good start.

id recommend you skip fox farm soil and go straight for promix. also u need calibration mateirals(powder or liquid, and storage solution for ph meter) for ppm and ph meters. you need nutrients, pH up/down, humidity and temp sensors, possible a/c, heater, humidifier, dehumidifier, trimming shears, a variety of other things only if you need them like fly paper, diatomaceous earth, neem oil, youll need a light timer, power strip. i cant think of anything else now but im sure theres more.

oh, get a digital scale accurate to .01gram

1 Like

Damn I missed a lot.

i was surprised too when i started just a few months ago

ur list is the basics u can buy the rest as u go. i wouldnt jump on a/c and heater, humidifier and dehumidifier until u know better your grow situation.

Only advise is to get a 4x4 tent if space allows. Gorilla grow tents tend to be on the pricy side. I got a 4x4 tent on amazon for about 100 bucks and it works fine. Only issue I have with my tent is wanting it to be bigger.

I know light tent and exhaust set are all top notch and they are pricey. But you get what you pay for.

We all want bigger like a warehouse. So do you think the Gorilla grow tent is overkill and I can get by with a cheaper one on Amazon. If so what brands do you recommend?

I was gonna wait on the ac/heater etc until I can tell for sure what I need. I’m going to go with a very forgiving strain until I know what type of problems I’m going to run into with humidity and or temp control. What do you recommend as far as a good strain with low or non-cannabis odor.
There are a lot I’d like to go. Maybe Super Lemon haze chocolope N L’s

This is what I have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WD58D23?psc=1&ref=yo

I’m always on a budget so this tent was what I could afford. Over the long run the Gurilla grow tent might hold up better. I’m happy with what I got. I will replace this tent with a bigger one in the future.

1 Like

Granddaddy purple and white widow autoflower are two I’ve grown that didn’t have a strong odor.

2 Likes

I actually looked at that one also here’s a silly question maybe does it matter if it says hydroponics in the description for the tent I will be growing soil

No difference. I was also thinking if you have a carbon filter there is no need for concern about smell until you open the tent.

i got a cheap tent and im glad i didnt spend more. i think lights are some of the most important stuff not to skimp on

3 Likes

I agree with you about lights that’s why I’m going with the HLG setup.

Ok good I’d rather pay $100 for 4x4 than $215 for gorllia 4x2

3 Likes

Dont forget fans for circulation inside the tent and possible fresh air intake fan and mabey a strip plug with a surge protector. And not a must but fabric pots are really nice. And i couple of temp and humidity monitors are handy and nice. Um some calibration solution for your ph pen. And some 7.0 reference solution. If you are going to do lst (low stress training) you will need some type of ties and a way to support them how you want. The list can just keep going. Depends on what you want. I have heat, ac, dehumidifier, humidifier, so i can have the best control over the environment. But some people do it without all the fancy toys. But if you keep your environment ideal you get a faster growing plant and a healthier plant. I grow year round in a garage so i need all that equipment

1 Like

Trust me, by the time you’re done, Amazon will know you grow weed. I’ve always got something in the cart and I’m 3 grows in.

4 Likes

Looks good.

You’ll also need:
Ducting
Ratchet hangers for lights/fan/filters
Clip fans/small oscillating fans
A dehumidifier
Sticks or something for supports
Twine or nursery wire
Measuring cups & spoons
PH adjusting supplies
Mixing containers
A turkey baster

2 Likes

And from newbie experience DO NOT by cheaper end ph meter. You’ll just end up buying a better one. I almost killed a plant due to cheap ph meter.

1 Like