Shooting pool high

I play pool in leagues and many tournaments. Always use to shoot straight or maybe a beer or 3. Discovered that after a couple of good tokes from my premium home grown that I shoot better, and visualize the shot into a pocket more clearly and literally win for more games.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

10 Likes

With the right strain I can zone out on my guitar for hours.

3 Likes

I’ve said for years that I’m more attentive and focused on what I’m doing if I’ve got a little buzz on!

And as boring as it sounds, don’t get me high and tell me to clean the house!

2 Likes

Absolutely, I played in the leagues for years, and I don’t think I ever took a shot without being high. Our running joke in the bars was always “wanna go help me change a tire”? That meant let’s go outside and get high! Lol

4 Likes

I’m much less grumpy when I’m high: does that count? lol

10 Likes

I believe it does :+1:

2 Likes

The woman knows when I’m out and doesn’t like it much :confused:

2 Likes

Shoot, I do my best lifting, yard work, dropping trees, etc. when I’m happily stoned. Also, my wife seems happier when I’m buzzed.
I’m just ready to retire so I can partake daily instead of once in a blue moon.

2 Likes

You ever do some welding high? How bout climb 25 foot up a tree to kill a deer but your so stoned you just sit and watch the sunset with no desire to kill anything? I imagine most normal people just get high and watch a good movie, so I must not be normal as I like to do abnormal things.

3 Likes

@2GreenThumbs i used to love smoking while I dear hunted, did all kinds of good things. It takes away my sent and help me sit still for hrs. Also on more then 1 occasion I would pass up a smaller bucks cause I was high as F*** and didn’t feel like field dressing anything right now so totally agree with you in that. 1 yr passed up a small 6-7 pointer cause didn’t want to mess with it just to come back a few days later and bagged a 12 pointer, used to have in hanging on my wall my wifey didn’t like so much so it stittin out in the barn in my tack room.

2 Likes

Tig…yes. I get into my happy place and shut off everything around me, but I lose my depth perception burning rods while buzzed. Absolutely cannot keep a consistent arc.

2 Likes

I was in a Winter pool league for 9 years, most of those years I took home money. Before I would leave I would always take a couple of hits and then show up at the bars to shoot. If I didn’t have anything to smoke before I shot I knew I was not going to do as good. About an hour after smoking seem to be my sweet spot.

Played in a tourney last night. 16 guys. 2 tables and shooting was one a done.

Got a good buzz on and went to play. Won 5 games and down to the final table 2.5 hours in

Buzz definitely fading. So while I’m playing guys climb up on the table next to me to lower that light. A adult birthday party gets into gear into the open room next to us with girls running around in blow up dinosaur costumes. Well pot failed me. Sensory overload. Couldn’t poket shit. Came in third. Lol

1 Like

I have Asperger syndrome and I absolutely do my best consideration when high. .
I can get in my little zone and hyper focus on what ever it is I’m into… and you have to literally yell at me or touch me to get my attention…

My wife hates it … but i can do some amazing things “I think anyways” :rofl:

1 Like

I use to get stuck sharpening my tungsten and waist so much, but it be so scorched for burning so long.
Rig over heat from over doing its duty cycle :rofl:
I feel your pain man…
I don’t have the hands or eyes to do it much anymore but I enjoy it. I drive truck and work sales now…

1 Like

Count me in. I do play pool on my ps4 and my 360. Never a dull moment! :+1:
I guess I am old. Is it me or did Pool and bowling used to be on ABC wide world of sports?!

Now just the ESPN8 the OCHO :frowning_face:

SL out.