Shoo fly don’t bother me

1 Like

What’s the best way to keep out the critters? It’s fenced in but I guess I’m thinking chipmunks/ woodpecker/ insects

Black pepper and diatomaceous earth. For organic deterrents. Planting garlic with or near will also deter most four legged critters. The whole vampire garlic thing came from somewhere, just seems more geared twords animals than vampires in reality.

3 Likes

Do you put it around the perimeter of the plants or on the soil itself?

Black pepper around the perimeter. Earth anywhere you think a bug will cross. You can find black pepper deterrents at your local hardware store. If the question was about garlic it’s pungent enough just being in the vacinity it helps.

3 Likes

Okay cool :sunglasses: I appreciate it

1 Like

The great thing about the black pepper deterrents is they even work on pets. Like cats and dogs. Used them on regular gardens for years, just haven’t had a garden in recent years. Or else I’d have a container to take a picture off. Property always tore up from construction and my tractor moving things. Can’t wait to grow my own tomatoes, onions and jalapenos again. Nothing like fresh onions and jalapenos.

Edit: screw that, I’m sectioning off an area in the back and getting seeds. Almost forgot what I was missing. I need my fresh veggies. Not getting any younger. I’m not too late yet. Getting close tho, maybe I’ll buy sprouts locally.

2 Likes

I’m pretty confident garlic keeps vampires away. I keep some handy ad have never seen a vampire. I noticed the sis in law also been absent win/win

6 Likes

That’s awesome I’m glad to hear it. Keep us posted on the progress :love_you_gesture:

10 days later

1 Like

Had a box of garden stuff from auction today. Look what was inside! Same brand I used back in the late 2000s even.

2 Likes

We used to sell that at my old job lol

Nice. But as you can see. All three active ingredients are derived from black and chilie peppers. Basically a spicy/sneezy deterent

1 Like

Shoo fly is a Tootie Montana song :musical_note:!