Shes getting pistils!

My first grow. 3 weeks 6 day since dropped Purple punch Auto. Just noticing her white pistils, i love checking on my girl every day. :heart: Do pistils show up in the very beginning of veg or a little more into veg?

2 Likes

They show up once a plant has reached sexual maturity, happy girl.

4 Likes

So no correlation between that and veg stage? Just trying to get a good feel how far in she is, if she is just starting. Almost been 4 weeks since sprout.

Pistils will appear at the tips of the plant when she starts flowering.

3 Likes

If she’s an auto I would guess she’ll probably start flowering soon.

1 Like

Oh hell yeah, yeah, she is. :grin:

1 Like

I dont know how much you know but i have about 350ish PPFD on her now with my light on 40% intensity. Think i should turn it up to 60% and raise the PPFD any? I dont wanna hit it too hard but she might be able to take it?

I run my vegging plants between 600 and 800 PPFD.

There is a lot of distance between her nodes. Turn it up. Go for it.

3 Likes

I’d be ramping up lighting in prep for flower. Increments and every couple days

1 Like

Okay, cool. Thank you for the information, think i should start kicking it up then?

Okay ill start working on that and watching her. Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Ill go ahead and kick it up to 400 now then and work up slowly. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve always made my intensity changes all at once.

1 Like

In your opinion should I shoot for 600 PPFD to start and see how she does?

Or higher. She will do fine.

2 Likes

This chart from LumiGrow has some useful general info

She is confirming she is a girl and mature enough to start flowering. Time wise she is on schedule for an auto.
If you are going to bend her over so it doesn’t grow into a christmas tree now is the time. I would bend her above the 2nd node where she is stretched out.

1 Like

I do plan on doing LST, ive been pre-bending her around on the sides and she seems flexible now so youre probably right. Just so i dont mess up do you mean this node?

Below the circled node. About where the bottom of the circle is. Anchor the very bottom opposite the direction you bend the top.

Black line on bottom is the anchor.
Yellow arrow show direction of bend
Blue arrows at 2nd node is direction these branches can be bent back (opposite of top)

Basically finding a clear location for each branch and colas

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you so much for the help. Ill get that started today as well.

1 Like

Congratulations, it’s a teenage girl! She’s going to start stretching, you already got good advice on increasing light.
Good luck!

1 Like