Shall I convert to LED?

I also suggest by quality but maybe start with one light so it is affordable. Then put another up and add plants as needed or you can. It can be expensive to set up a grow so don’t worry bout how small you may have to start as well if money is an issue. But Def hold out for quality. I was looking at the same lights on Amazon or something super similar, my suggestion is stay away unless you truley find a good light. I use the HGL V2 well did, and will again when its repaired from me lol. Sorry so winded

@stells yes you would turn it all the way up for flower.

1 Like

Those 320 xw kits would probably be cats ass in 1m x 1m space.

4 Likes

Good advice. Thanks @Anonyboii x

Hmmmm it’s 1m x 2m ? Do I have to get 2? Can I not get one big one? @dbrn32 x

1 Like

I’ve completed 3 whole grows :raised_hands: but only with clones. This time I’m seeding WW. And I really wanna do the cross over to LED. May as well sort it now while they’re tucked up tight. :thinking::grin:

Think I’ll defo read up bout this one. X

@stells if you can find one or make one thats made to cover a flowering a flowering canopy 1 meter x 2 meters then feel free :slight_smile:

I’m taking it that’s a no then :thinking::roll_eyes::see_no_evil:

you can get smaller cheaper lights and spread them further apart like a couple hlg 135 v2 3000k, ( i have one for my 2ftx2ft grow), and you will still flower it just wont yield as much.

for example if you are using the same light as i have you should use 5 or 6 to have the same impact as my one light in a smaller grow

1 Like

So is that in general. Less yield I mean for LED? X

Depends on the led. Some people claim they’re getting 2 grams per watt with leds. Others still brag that 1 gram per watt with hid is a major accomplishment. If you go the amazon panel route I wouldn’t expect them to be any better than what you can with hid on a power consumption basis

I’m not aware of any single fixture that has a 2 meter footprint. A de gavita maybe, but that’s a tough light to run in a small space. If you go with leds I would recommend going with 2 separate fixtures or custom building one for your space.

2 Likes

Don’t mind what size I get. Just want it to work for me. I’m being steered towards 2 x these in pics. But im also thinking diy would be better but don’t know where to flippin start. I need to replace 2 x 600w. :pray:

I.think two.separate fixture per 1m x 1m.would be more flexible, put.your taller plant under one light and shorter under the other. Easier tu adjust light height. I would get two of these HLG fixtures imo. Unless you want to DIY, but I would still do two fixtures.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve got 2 600w atm. Seeds are cooking nicely… just want to switch the lighting asap. But it’s quite scary cos I think it’s gonna go t*ts up :see_no_evil: x

You would drop your electricity bill in half with these fixtures and they would put out alot less heat, win/win situation if you ask me.

2 Likes

Check out ledgardener dot com. He has a… section on diy lights. They come in different lengths. I imagine with that ginormous space the 2’ or 4’ strips would be a minimum u’d want to use. Possibly 2 drivers a board? And 2 seperate boards. But go look at the site. He has alot of diagrams and breaks it down into… usable laymans. Get a good idea of the type of build you think fits your budget-grow space. N come back here for help on price sourcing.

1 Like

Careful with LED gardener designs though they’re all in parallel wiring which has its down sides.

Ahhh right. Dont go by the wiring. We’ll talk thru that. Just a general look at what supplies fit what size

2 Likes

Yep it’s a good source of information. And an idea of how many and what size strips for a space but better off having dbrn32 help with driver selection then wire it in series. Series is both safer and guarantees that if a section of light goes bad the light just won’t come on.

In parallel if one light goes bad it can cause a chain reaction that at minimum kills the whole light. At worst case can cause a fire.

2 Likes